Low Country's Waccamaw

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Clemons

Reaction score
Any other thoughts on this blend would be very helpful to me. I've collected 4 tins and I'm trying hard to let them age a bit. Below is a review I put on TR. I think I wrote something similar on the Knox board. This is my initial impression. I know I should have waited until I've smoked at least a full tin, but I'm just so impressed.

TC

Waccamaw is a rich, full-flavored, complex and exquisitely balanced blend! I grade it a solid "A" now. Can't wait for aging to effect even more magic.

I detect a savory Virginia base along with higher notes of sweet Virginia. The perique presents itself, mostly in the middle and later half of the bowl, as a delicate stewed fruit/figgy taste and aroma. Gratefully, the perique is NOT overdone. Along with these wonderful sensations, oriental leaf provides a mild but spicy/ piquant depth, or barotone voice to the harmony. Like the Perique, the oriental is used as a spice - noticeable, but not overpowering.

Easy to pack, easy to light and keep lit, smokes smoothly with no bite. Highly recommended for fans of VAPERS and oriental spice.

11/23/07

My last order there I included some Cooper, but passed on the others for now. Guess I better add it to the list.