LUBINSKI OPUS PIPES

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Gimper

Reaction score
Seems like I am always asking for the Brotherhood's help in identifying one thing or another relating to pipes & tobacco. I was given a small pipe recently & it is identified as a LUBINSKI OPUS SHORT. Somewhere in the catacombs of my ancient brain, I seem to remember reading that Brigham had acquired this line but I could be, & probably am, incorrect in that recollection. The pipe is made in Italy & would qualify as a machine made, Entry level pipe, I believe. It certainly falls into the "nose warmer" category since it measures only 4 1/2" in length. I am not interested is selling or trading the pipe; just interested in learning more about the company. Thanks for your help & have a great week!
Gimper

Here is what I foundat http://www.lubinski.it/pages_uk/opus.html using the search mode on the internet. Hope this helps in your quest for information.

Opus pipes
Fermo / Marche / ItalY

Lubinski Opus is a new brand expressly created to deliver the pleasure of a great smoker at a reasonable cost.
The manufactures are with briars. They capture the most exigent smokers for their unseatable value-for-money. The packaging and the presentation materialy are outstanding.

Opus One line is made of 12 classic models, all with smooth finishing, and in two versions: Sherry, polished winy colour with silver diamond cut ring; and Brandy, orange walnut colour with gold diamond cut ring.

Opus series has 12 shapes, named Twilight, more unusual with a fancy brindle ring, all with smooth finishing, high polisher orange.

Opus Shorts is the newest line composed by 6 shapes small and chubby; is adorned with a narrows nickel silver rings and mounted with acrilic mouthpiece.
Holding a 9 mm filters is also avaible in two grades and finishings

Opus Watch is the name of a typical traditional shape more than a pipe line. It recalls the 19th century watches and is delivered in displays of 6 pipes, with individual box and shammy bag.

Hi GG,

Welcome aboard. I'm not familiar with this brand but I did find a web page with some info, just click on the red Lubinski to see the web page. LUBINSKI
Hope this helps,

Dan

Once again, I find that the Brothers represent a tremendous depth of information & is usually available on a moments notice. As is often the case when seeking a little information, Volumes of pertinent & non-pertinent appear. Then, it is up to the inquisitor to sift through the information & decide what is useful.

Thanks & have a good Sunday!

Gimper

Giuseppe Cambioli":ngflftdm said:
A word about Mario Lubinski, if I may. I have known Mario for twenty years or so, from the time he was one of a number of small distributors of pipes and smokers' accessories in Italy. Since that time Mario has become the largest such distributor in Italy and one of the largest in Europe. Why? A number of reasons, really, but I'll mention just one here - expertise. Many in our small industry are known as experts, but real expertise is very rare indeed. Mario is a true expert regarding everything to do with pipe making, although he would never say so himself. A few of Mario's credits? This man knows briar better than anyone with whom I have ever spoken, having dealt with all the briar sawmills throughout Italy over a period of thirty years. As both a designer and sourcer (one who can find the source) of quality products there is again no one better. Perhaps one would not think that a distributor has a hand in pipe design, but Mario helped design the Original Sherlock Holmes Series of pipes for Peterson, plus the original (closed) Sherlock Holmes pipe rack. I feel sure that those among you who smoke cigars have seen the Romeo & Julieta cigar cases - designed and made by Mario.
http://www.pipedia.org/index.php?title=Il_Ceppo

:face: