Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal Blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illiteratti

Reaction score
Out and about today looking to spend some money on tobacco, alas all the shops were out of my favorites. So on a whim, I decided to try an aromatic for the first time in over a year. I saw a new to me Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal Blend, and it just spoke to me.

The instant I got into the car, I opened the tin for a whiff as is my typical MO when I buy a new tobacco that I have never tried, and this smelled so sweet and tasty, I just wanted to eat it! It smells similar to Captain Black, only better.

So I just had to try it. So I loaded up my pipe, lit it, and it instantly was like having dessert, strong vanilla and a hint of chocholate flavor. It was very good without having the typical chemical taste of most drug store tobaccos.

I puffed hard, I just couldn't help myself it tasted so good. But no tongue bite whatsoever. At the end of the bowl, there was no bitter flavor that was typical of all the other aromatics that I have smoked (which is one of the reasons I switched to English blends)

Bottom line, it is a great tobacco, delicious, and I assume it has a great room note, and it will be in my tobacco cellar from now on. I may just search out other aromatics if I can find ones as good as this!

That's good to know. I smoke Black Ambrosia on occasion and it's enjoyable I'll have to try this one.

Martin