Mac Baren Burley London Blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
I like this blend a lot and buy if often. Recently, I started getting it in 1 lb cannisters, which makes it very economical. I mean the cylindrical plastic cannisters with metal top and bottom. I think that they are a relatively recent package, only noticed them last year.

Does anyone know if these containers are good for long term storage? I'm not too concerned with aging. Just do not want the blend to loose flavor and dry out. Any experiences (and opinions, sure) with their storage are greatly appreciated.

Only going by word of mouth here,what i have heard is they do not work well in keeping the blend from drying out and in fact are rather cheaply designed. Only word of mouth here though. Id say mason jar the rest .

What I have noticed from a couple of the local B&M's who have them and sell "bulk" tobacco from them instead of the whole pound is that the blends do seem to dry out quicker. I would agree with bigsmoker and after purchasing the pound I would put them in jars.