MacBaren HH Mature Virginia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak2000

Reaction score
I am not a fan of most pure Virginas or VaPers that I've tried, but this one sounds interesting and I found a 10 year old tin for $40. What are the opinions on this one here?

I got a couple of tins of it some years back. I thought it was pretty smooth and typical of the effort Mac Baren puts into the HH lines. I don't know why it was discontinued. Maybe it wasn't that fast a mover? I did enjoy it, but I wasn't smoking it very often.

I think this was one that got swept under in the whole Mac Baren “redefining the HH series” thing, where they eliminated anything that had a flavoring from the series. This blend and HH Highland were tossed aside

I used to like when it was available. Sadly I've smoked all I had put away in my stash. I don't think I'd pay $40.00 for it. It was good but not that good. YMMV! :)

AJ

I’m a Virginia smoker, but I didn’t like it.
I have a sealed tin and a partial I’d send ya for a normal price.

I found it smelled real weird. Like Kalamata olives. The taste was surprisingly pleasant; but it became really bity and I couldn't understand why - it had 3 or 4 years of aging, so...I never finished the tin.

Hermit":sn5gbdc5 said:
You're a Virginia smoker??!! :shock:

Thanks for the offer bro, very nice of you as always, but sounds like a hard pass on this one.

ak2000":lohrit4g said:
Hermit":lohrit4g said:
You're a Virginia smoker??!!  :shock:

Thanks for the offer bro, very nice of you as always, but sounds like a hard pass on this one.
Rats!  Thought I might get rid of it.
Told ya I didn’t like it.   :twisted:

(June 2007)

I was introduced to it when I was bombed with it a couple of years ago. I liked it enough that, knowing it was out of production, I stockpiled some. I still have several tins left. It's not a typical Virginia, but I enjoy the somewhat funky tin aroma and the combination of flavors it delivers.

I like the blend, too, but I wasn't able to stock before it disappeared.