MacBaren Va No 1 Hybrid ?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Does anyone have a hybrid using MacBaren's Va No 1? I ordered a pound of it in a fit of madness... I blame it on the price.

:D Paul

Soak it in a bottle of Everclear overnight and pour it off into a spray bottle to kill the wasps with.

jhuggett":ywridc9z said:
Soak it in a bottle of Everclear overnight and pour it off into a spray bottle to kill the wasps with.
It hasn't arrived yet... but I'll keep it in mind J.

:lol:

I had a small sample packett and, like you share, it wasn't too bad. I'm going to jar it like the Scottish Mixture and re-visit it in a year or two. For the price, it's a storage back-up for me if the borders completely close. Who knows after this election...

I ordered several pounds along with two pounds of their Scottish Mixture about six or seven years ago, and packed them into Mason jars. The Scottish, well, I just don't care for it, but the Va. #1 is not too bad now, and a fine mixer to spice up blander blends I make. As long as I keep it around 25% or so of the final mix, it adds a nice Va. flavor and doesn't burn more than the average Va.

Natch

I bought a bunch of this about 7 years ago or so and most of it I packed into mason jars and stored. It's mellowed out nicely since the blast furnace days of its youth. I can smoke the aged version much more frequently than I was able when I first got it.

I would think if you mixed in some Latakia and maybe a touch of oriental you'd have a nice blend.