MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roogles

Reaction score
Just recently EC Outlaw had a few tins of tobacco that didn't agree with him up for free in the Trading Post.

I ended up with a tin of MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake from him, and wanted to share some thoughts here...

First of all, this is the first flake tobacco that I've had - and even though I've read instructions, watched youtube videos, and sought advice on properly packing flake, I'm still not sure that I have that figured out entirely. :)

Up until this tin of Vanilla Cream flake, my absolute favorite tobacco was been Pipes & Pleasure: Golden Goodness, from Pipes & Pleasures in Columbus, OH.

I suppose it's not surprising that with the Golden Goodness being a cavendish blend with vanilla flavoring that I would love the MacBaren's Vanilla Cream, as it appears to be a very similar blend. The MacBaren's is very very rich, smells great out of the tin and to smoke, and tastes very smooth and rich. I've been cubing the flakes and gravity filling one of my MM hardwoods. It's a little tough to get lit and keep lit until the first tamp or two, but then it smokes very smoothly.

Anyway - for my first foray into a flake tobacco, I am very impressed! Great stuff!

Thanks thank thanks to EC Outlaw for introducing me to this stuff!

MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake was my first experience with flake as well. I really enjoyed the flavour and the taste, but it had that dreaded "MacBite." Left my tongue feeling raw for a while. I've had probably about 3 tins. This surprised me because none of the components are things that typically bite me. I wonder if they use PG for flavouring the tobacco?

If you find you like the blend but not so much the flake, they do make a ribbon cut. I don't smoke a whole lot of aros, but this is one that usually keep on hand (nice sweet vanilla taste, and everyone seems to love the room note). I've never had the flake cut, so I can't offer much in the way of comparison.

At this point, I smoke mostly flakes. Once you get them figured out, there's just nothing better, IMO.

Glad you liked the McB flake! MacBaren makes some great baccies. Just wish they didn't bite like a viper.

Uber, the funny thing is, while there are MacBaren tobacco blends that I don't care for, I've never had a McB blend bite me.

I smoke it quite a bit has never bit me try letting the flake air out for 15-20 minutes before you pack it. MIKE

Ocelot55":ap34wo0a said:
MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake was my first experience with flake as well. I really enjoyed the flavour and the taste, but it had that dreaded "MacBite." Left my tongue feeling raw for a while. I've had probably about 3 tins. This surprised me because none of the components are things that typically bite me. I wonder if they use PG for flavouring the tobacco?
I agree about the ''MacBite'',the tobacco and taste are fine but it burns a little too hot.Pipeman1947 :pirate: :pirate:

I've not tried this one, but yea I agree that MacBaren is pretty bitey without careful management.

This sounds like a tasty bacca but i ll have to watch out for the dreaded "Mac Bite" as I tend to smoke a tad fast. Slowing down is something I must work on smelling the Mac Roses.

Steve

This one continues to "Bite" me. I've resorted to using it in my personal blends. I'll try a slower burn. See if that changes anything