Major blizzard in Repairland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
Yow. The temps aren't as low as they'd be deeper into the winter---wait... it's actually it's 6 weeks until winter, isn't it? :twisted: ---but all the rest is happening. 50-60 mph wind, w/heavy snow.

Lewtang, stand by... it is moving east. :affraid:

Well, off I go on my daily walk to to post office. :lol: If I disappear, tell 'em to start looking around Rapid City, South Dakota. Checking the storm swirl on a map, I'm guessing that's about where I ought to land.

Funny -- the P.O. was open (only because the mgr lives a block from it), but the trucks aren't running. Coulda stayed home, me. :cheers:

Saw some 7-8 foot drifts on the way, and only got knocked down twice by the wind. Houses with southern facing front doors better have a back door, that's for sure! :lol:

Thanks for the warning LL! Yesterday we had horizontal rain, but no snow......yet! Guess it's coming though.

Just got called to take an empty coal train west at 17:30, better make sure I bring out the long johns!

lewtang":34ik307i said:
Thanks for the warning LL! Yesterday we had horizontal rain, but no snow......yet! Guess it's coming though.

Just got called to take an empty coal train west at 17:30, better make sure I bring out the long johns!
I've been wearing mine for a month, but no snow or wind to speak of yet.

Bd

Never Forget!

I don't envy you one bit!

Record highs here today. Temp in the high 70's, more of the same tomorrow. I still have flowers blooming, amazing!

Justpipes":bg853fuj said:
I don't envy you one bit!

Record highs here today. Temp in the high 70's, more of the same tomorrow. I still have flowers blooming, amazing!
That's because after the votes were finally counted, alla y'all voted for you-know-who. :lol: See how that works?

Good job, btw. 8)

I got the Deere about as ready as I can be. I can have the blade on in 15 min or so. Still need to deck the deck off at some point. But I am mulching leaves and may yet need to mow some grass.

22 inches in Orrin, ND! Good luck finding that town on a map. Didn't run into quite that much snow, but still had plenty of trouble out there. Going into that 40mph wind we could only average 20mph, our engine finally broke down in the middle of nowhere, had to bring some guys out in a hi-rail truck to get us since the roads were not fit for travel.

Only a dusting of snow here so far though.