Maltese Falcon

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered 4 tins, looking very forward to this one!

maltesefalconxq3.jpg

mdmiller5":p3xt344x said:
Remember gentleman that the box pass will have a large sample for us to try thanks to the generosity of Greg Pease and TJ's help.
But, don't let that stop you from buying a tin or ten. ;)

All kidding aside, I can't tell you guys how much your support means to me. After all the years I spent slinging bits, getting into the pipeweed biz, and being able to do something I really love, something that brings pleasure to others, is a joy that I can't fully express.

I started F&P in 1998, and started over with GLP in 2000. It's been a long ten years in some ways, but it's flown by almost instantly in others. This release has been really exciting for me; even more than the previous ones, in many ways.

Above all, right now, as I puff on my own pipe full of the Falcon, I want to thank you, the bruthahs, as Vito would say, for the support you've shown over the years. It's kind of a lonely business in a way; without the encouragement of the people I've met, I'm not sure I'd have been willing or able to slog through the tough times. I feel truly blessed.

Here's to 2008. May it bring each of us happiness and joy, and thousands of clouds of contentment from our cherished briars.

Now, I'm off to finish this bowl. ;)

I'm with Carlos on this one-10 tins of Maltese Falcon,and a lot of Embarcadero,Abingdon,and Haddo's;I appreciate that free shipping!!
I'm excited about this new release.I was sad when Raven's Wing went extinct.I have a pretty good stash of things I like,and I intend to grow it ever larger through the course of this year,and hopefully next year.....and the buildup to this release has me almost anxious for the arrival.
Happy trails all Tony

Greg,

I for one can't thank you enough for what you've created. Yesterday I sat in the cab of my truck enjoying the view of an almost 200 year old aqueduct along the Erie Canal not far from my home, I was also enjoying my #55 Castello Sea Rock filled with 6 month old Embarcadero, it was almost a religious experience as the smoke swirled in the cab and the complexity of your blend reviled. No its you that should be thanked for these times that we all share.

I'll be interested in reading folks reviews of this one, once they get it in and have smoked some.

Oh My! :D The smell! Wow! I have spent the best part of 10 minutes just looking at it and sniffing it.

Let me say this also. The moisture level is perfect. :D

About 60% black weed. 35% brown. A bit of pressed flake sort of gray/brown. Of the black, some is an evil looking ( :D ) shiny, tarry looking weed. Fairly fine in cut. Lots of small pieces which might just irritate some folks. But trust me ladies and gents, this is gonna be great. Easy to fill any pipe you own. No special light-hand packing like some blends this has been suggested as a replacement for.

The smell! Oh my gosh! I have told the doctor that my sense of smell, taste, and ability to determine texture must be enhanced. That's why I am fat. This blend has a really unique smell. Woodsy. Musty like an old book. Some mushrooms growing in there somewhere. A hot cup of Bigelow's Constant Comment tea. Slightly sweetened. This tea scent is fleeting. And of course, tobacco.

More to report later after smoking some. :D

Retailers are going to have trouble keeping this blend on the shelves.

Not so strong as to turn away the guys that like a lighter blend. Yet enough body, flavor, and strength, to satisfy us 5XL fellows. I can see guys with 8oz and pound containers scooping and smoking all day.

Nice sweetness in the blend. A smoke you can feel with your tongue.

I am trying to tickle the nose with it as there is some very interesting scents. I almost think I know what it is and it's gone. Then back.

I went though that bowl a little quick. But the Ruthenberg just got warm. Never hot. Very nice. I didn't have to search for flavor. Don't feel like I just chewed a chunk of charcoal. Clean on the palate. Good reviewers are gonna have fun with this.

Once again you have placed temptation before me...and once again I have failed in my efforts to withstand the devil!!!! Ten more tins for the aging barn!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

I finally got to experience what all the raving has been about with this Maltese Falcon, this past Tuesday at the club meeting.

WOW! Maltese Falcon is the smoooooothest Latakia blend that I have ever smoked. What a delightful experieince!

I just recently tried a tin myself. I agree that it is an amazing tobacco - my favorite GLP blend to date. It's like the best English tobacco you've ever had PLUS some other great kind of aroma and flavor that brings up the intensity of what's already there. A real winner!

-Andrew

I have not tried this blend yet. I'm a Renaissance and Westminster fan, and you guys are making me think that I'm missing out...