Marcel Chevalier pipe info?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal Ling

Reaction score
Good morning!

I recently won what was listed as a "Marcel Chevalier" unsmoked pipe on eBay at what I consider to be a pretty good bargain ($26 CAD/ $20 USD). I love the birds eye grain on it. It has "Algerian Briar Made in France" on the bottom of the shank and still has the original price tag inside the bowl. It also has "CH" embossed on the top side of the stem.

The listing indicated it as being from the 60's but I haven't been able to find much info on the maker and pipedia doesn't have either "Chevalier" or "Marcel" listed under French Pipes. I have Googled and found another almost like it on an obscure website that doesn't give any details past what I have already put here.

I am not even sure whether the name of the pipe maker is Marcel or Chevalier or which is the pipe style/model. I can't yet post any external links to pics (I'm still a newbie under my 7 days lol) but have inserted 3 for reference and hopefully someone knows more about this pipe or can provide me with a link to some additional info. Thanks in advance!

According to Pipephil.eu, Chevalier is the brand, and Marcel is the line within the brand (they list a Chevalier Armand pipe with the same "CH" logo here: http://pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-c4.html#chevalier

Other than the brand being French, there is no info listed as to which company produced it. My guess would be one of the many factories in St Claude.