March Mordor Madness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little branch PO 5 min from me was closed today and I sure didn't want to go to the main PO and stand in line. So will wait until Mon morning to launch this missile.

Cheers,

RR

The bird is ready to fly. The wife, life, and some other issues got in the way this morning so that I couldn't get to the post office. The flight crew is on the ready for a Monday takeoff. I'll meet everyone at the black gates bar and grill in Mordor. I've got the first round when I arrive.

Looks like I've been hit by friendly fire! Went to get the newspaper this AM and saw the postman had left 2 boxes at my front door yesterday. If he rang the doorbell I didn't hear it.

Received 2 tins of Escudo in one box and a lovely MM Shire Cobbit in the other. Escudo is one of my go-to's and the Shire has a long stem promising cool smokes.

My heartfelt thanks brothers, you made my day today!

:D

Cheers,

RR

SITREP...

Not good here folks.

My ordanance is packaged ready for take off and was meant to go to the PO today. Work got in the way - the NHS is rather challenged at the moment - and then this evening at 2030hrs our PM has announced new restrictions regarding Covid 19 that have been imposed for the next 3 weeks. Essentially we can only leave the house for a few vital functions (shopping for essential provisions, attending medical appointments or if your house is on fire... ok, that wasn't one of the restrictions but now I've said it, it does make sense). This clearly excludes a jaunt to the PO to launch a missile across the Pond.

A message to this month's mission target: Apologies old chap, it is with regret that I have to report that the BoB Bombers' RAF detachment is going to be somewhat delayed.

Earlier today (1:46 p.m. local time) our pilots overflow the target, dropping their heinous load of incendiary good wishes.  If the target was in the near vicinity he has surely been fried to an ever lovin’ crisp.  Agents in the field captured the image below as the porch and remaining structure of the target site were inundated by flaming plasma.  It’s a beautiful thing.

In a related note...since our forces have delivered their ordinance to the target...the evil wizard’s curse on me has been lifted and I have returned to my prior form.  Phew!  Feels good to not have my hair on fire.

Awright you blasted buggers...............

Looks like I'm the one in the crosshairs. Guess I should've sussed it out when 2 packages arrived on Sat, one containing a long-stemmed pipe. A decoy doesn't normally get hit more than once.

Today there were 3 boxes from the postie. To wit....

First, a Hobbit styled long stem pipe from Flogglewerks, a company that's new to me. The stem is 8" long and is slightly bent. The bowl is acorn shaped and actually has my handle/screen name inscribed! Here's an approximation from the website-

Personalize_FREE_5__74858.1436225450.png

Also in this box was an incredible hand made pipe from a well known and respected carver. The note that accompanied bade me commit to not revealing the maker. I will honor that going forward. This is huge!

Finally, in that box was 3 oz of an unknown McC. The flake appearance is all too familiar to me as I'm a McC guy from way back. Now to suss out the particular blend!

All the above is attributable to a certain miscreant that I know and will be dealt with in an appropriate manner! Humph.....

Next up was a box that had some verry inteeresting contents...

images

Not only was there a tin of Capstan Blue, which is purportedly J.R.R Tolkien's favorite 'baccy, there were 3 other 50 gm foil pouches of some strange and wonderful sounding stuff-

1st a 'ginny from the Country Squire named "Green Dragon".... But wait there's more - two custom blends.

The first one is all Virginia blend with McC East Carolina Ribbon. If I told you the name he gave it I might identify the blender so I'll defer to his anonymity.

Next up is his personal blend, and uses some 6+ year old p-weed. This sounds wunnerful to me as I'm a huge p-weed aficionado.

The third and final box today was a way great logo ball cap from sp.com. I shall wear this with pride. No idea of the perp on this one but I have my suspicions.

This is all very unexpected brothers. And please be advised that I don't own a digital camera nor do I have a fart smone (never have) so cannot post pics. But I will provide descriptions where appropriate.

One of the notes I received along with the boxes (nicely written in fountain pen - a skill I regret I will never have) mentioned that due to my lack of experience with all things Hobbit I was the leading candidate for this assault.

While I don't feel that it's deserved and that there are far more deserving individuals here on this fine board I will accept this with grace and humbleness. And that due to this I most certainly will look into exploring the Tolkien world.

Cheers, and I'll be keeping my pointed head down in the coming days......

:silent:

RR