March Mordor Madness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are now at 100% “Orders Received”. You lot, well done.

March Mordor Madness Mission Minions

1. Blackhorse - Commander
2. Brewdude - Executive Officer * / **
3. SourMilk * / **
4. Stick * / **
5. D.L.Ruth * / **
6. Fr_Tom * / **
7. BriarBeagle * / **
8. GeoffC * / **
9. eggman * / **
10. peanubutter * / **
11. Timbo * / **
12. Grampa Grossbart * / **

Orders Sent to Pilot: *
Reports Orders RC’VD: **

Well darn just like in school I have 2 marks by my name on the board.

Blackhorse":dt7y5poe said:
eggman":dt7y5poe said:
Well darn just like in school I have 2 marks by my name on the board.

Hmmm.  No wonder.  That’s FOUR marks.
Well, now I'm proud of myself for going above and beyond and getting more marks than anyone else. :cheers:

I have a buddy that's a real estate agent. And he said he has properties in the Black Gate community. It is a gated community with the great eye security company and surrounded by mountains and mount doom. If you want to check it out too just let me know and I'll give you his contact info.

So...all y’all that go out to the post office to launch your part of the mission...is that going to be a problem for anyone.

I know I can go a little before they (the PO) opens the counters and the joint is devoid of anyone...and I use the self postage machine thing. Or I show up at the UPS Store right before they open...walk in right when they open the door and it’s just one clerk and me. I like the UPS Store cause they’re really close and they’ll compare the cost between sending UPS & USPS. They can send USPS with a very small fee to port it over there. (They have a courier that goes between the two places on a regular route.)

So with a little forethought and planning you don’t need to mingle with a buncha yokels.

Blackhorse":2qw9st09 said:
SourMilk":2qw9st09 said:
Are we launching today to be there this Friday?

No.  Bomb day is Friday the 27th.  So for me that means a launch on Wednesday, the 25th.  In a week.
Damn, I hoped I'd be quicker with my edit, lol. It's been a hectic week.

As long as the PO is still open I will send.

Blackhorse":7244hqce said:
So...all y’all that go out to the post office to launch your part of the mission...is that going to be a problem for anyone.  
Yes.

I'm currently self-isolating as I've been rather unwell. As per the UK government guidelines this means that my family are all in isolation with me too.

Due to the long range nature of my mission I planned to post Thu 19 Mar (tomorrow) but clearly this aint going to happen.

I will post as soon as I can conform to the guidelines.

Sorry boss. :(

Good to know Mate.  Unavoidable.  I’m gonna list you as On Approved Leave.

I know all of us are in a situation of one level or another.  Best regards to you and yours.

———————-

Anyone out there in a situation where sending now would work but if you waited til next week your window would be closed?

I’m thinking if anyone thinks they might not send if we waited...to just go ahead and ship whenever it will work...from today out to the regular launch day next week.

Emergency Alert

To all pilots flying in the March Mission

Change of Orders...

Well, we lost Stick for this mission since he’s subject to a home quarantine thing. He can’t get to his post office.

Earlier I posted the question: do you think that waiting a week to launch will close down your ability to access shipping? Etc.  I’ve been waiting for some hopefully sane responses.  Nuthin’ so far.  But I’ve been pondering and weighing pros and cons.

It would not surprise me if the feds closed the post offices or severely restricted access in some way and/or told us we had to stay home, period.  Heck, our state government might do the latter on its own...like New York City has already done.  And the way things are ramping up right now this could literally happen in a matter of days.

So...I’m giving all you gents the “launch codes” right now for an immediate launch...or an ASAP Launch, etc.  This is entirely based on the belief that if we don’t go ASAP...we might not be able to go at all. And your combined ordinance striking over a period of days will be certain to have a devastating effect.

So as of tonight you all are authorized for launch as soon as you’re put together and can go.  Good luck to all of you.  As always...tracking data to me via PM.

Blackhorse":0k8820c9 said:
Emergency Alert

Change of Orders...

Well, we lost Stick for this mission since he’s subject to a home quarantine thing. He can’t get to his post office.

Earlier I posted the question: do you think that waiting a week to launch will close down your ability to access shipping? Etc.  I’ve been waiting for some hopefully sane responses.  Nuthin’ so far.  But I’ve been pondering and weighing pros and cons.

It would not surprise me if the feds closed the post offices or severely restricted access in some way and/or told us we had to stay home, period.  Heck, our state government might do the latter on its own...like New York City has already done.  And the way things are ramping up right now this could literally happen in a matter of days.

So...I’m giving all you gents the “launch codes” right now for an immediate launch...or an ASAP Launch, etc.  This is entirely based on the belief that if we don’t go ASAP...we might not be able to go at all.  And your combined ordinance striking over a period of days will be certain to have a devastating effect.

So as of tonight you all are authorized for launch as soon as you’re put together and can go.  Good luck to all of you.  As always...tracking data to me via PM.
Copy all. Currently out of town, will assess when I get home (there has been no plan on not letting us return on time so should make it back with plenty of time to ship)

The chaplain starts to rub his eyes but remembers the directive about touching his face and turns off the alarm clock instead. He squints at the clock to confirm the time as his head clears a little and reaches for his boots. It appears the squad is being scrambled early for a mission.

He will ready his crew and should have flight plans filed at o'dark thirty.

More to follow.

I just kicked my pilot out of his bed and told him to grab a coffee as we’re heading out early for a surprise attack.

On the runway awaiting clearance as of now, will post once airborne.

Blackhorse":zwml1lf2 said:
Emergency Alert

Change of Orders...

So...I’m giving all you gents the “launch codes” right now for an immediate launch...or an ASAP Launch, etc.  This is entirely based on the belief that if we don’t go ASAP...we might not be able to go at all.  And your combined ordinance striking over a period of days will be certain to have a devastating effect.

Roger that.

Cheers,

RR

HA! Nailed it!

I just saw on our a.m. news that local authorities are considering a “shelter in place” order for Portland. Local “leaders” are mixed in their reactions. The mayor proposed it. The state’s major health manager says ‘not yet’...the CEO of the huge U of O Health Sciences University is in favor. And local case numbers are supposed to spike here over the next week, in part because many test results that have been pending are going to be reported.

And so it goes.