March Mordor Madness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":pi6cx7r0 said:
One of the notes I received along with the boxes (nicely written in ball point pen - a skill I regret I will never have) mentioned that due to my lack of experience with all things Hobbit I was the leading candidate for this assault.
D'OH! This should have read "fountain pen" not "ball point pen". Now corrected in the OP.

Cheers,

RR

Shipped and Tracking:

March Mordor Madness Mission Minions

1. Blackhorse - Commander (shipped 3/18)
2. Brewdude - Executive Officer * / ** (shipped 3/23)
3. SourMilk * / ** (shipped 3/25)
4. Stick * / ** (quarantined)
5. D.L.Ruth * / ** (shipped 3/24)
6. Fr_Tom * / ** (shipped 3/19)
7. BriarBeagle * / ** (shipped 3/20)
8. GeoffC * / ** (shipped 3/20)
9. eggman * / ** (shipped 3/26)
10. peanubutter * / ** (shipped 3/21)
11. Timbo * / ** (shipped 3/20)
12. Grampa Grossbart * / ** (shipped from Mars 3/24).  :shock:

Orders Sent to Pilot: *
Reports Orders RC’VD: **

HOLY MOTHER OF MOLEY!!

Went out for the morning newspaper and found a large box at my front door. Apparently there had been a second delivery sometime late yesterday.

Inside there were 2 tins of McConnell - Scottish Flake and Scottish Cake. Both squarely in my wheelhouse. Also a LOTR jigsaw puzzle! Now that's original and a very pleasant surprise. I haven't worked a jigsaw puzzle since I was a kid so will look forward to this.

You people are nutz!

:geek:

Cheers,

RR

Bird is in there air. May be a rough flight since the element of surprise is gone (thanks Corona), expecting high levels of defense at the tgt. Will send mission data to Ops.

Excellent. This unique mission has had the desirable outcome of blowing our target to smithereens on a daily basis...over an xtended period. Charming. Delightful. The very model of evil.

Due to some unfortunate events, I had to wait for a few days to take off. But now the bird has flown the coop. Info has been sent to the Galactic high council at star fleet. 

So now I'm off to enjoy an RC cola with some Captain Morgan and a bowl of Royal Yacht. This stuff is fantastic I've had a bowl of it every afternoon this week.

Piece out, and I'll see you in the bar.

And that gives us a 100% rating in “shipped”. Whew! Now to just back and enjoy hearing about the rest of the game playing out.

BTW: Thanks gents. You all came through under pretty extreme circumstances.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I've been hit!

Just as I was able to start to rebuild the fortress a frag bomb put me back in the bunker. And what a wunnerful thing it was too -

A bigass 4oz bulk of Green Dragon from The Country Squire. I look forward to acquainting myself with this blend.

Also a very generous 2 oz bulk of Esoterica Pembroke, which is reportedly Margate with French Cognac. I've been a Margate fan from the get-go and always wondered about this combo. And now here's my chance!

;)

Thanks so much for these treats. I am surely not worthy!

:flower:

Cheers,

RR

A very worthy target, I'd say.

The OC is still imposing a leave ban so I'm still unable to leave the unit. As soon as the leave ban is lifted my kite will get in the air. She's currently sat on the pan loaded and ready to go.

Well done to everyone else :cheers:

The fallout continues unabated. Incendiary hit with the following...

2 oz tin of '18 C&D Bokor OR Morning Light. I really like this series and as it always gets better with some age this already has that going for it.

A blend in a foil bag I've not heard of - 2 oz of "Hellstar - The Dread Planet" by Ken Byron Adventures. Looking forward to exploring this 'un.

And very significantly - a paperback of Tolkien's "The Hobbit". As I said much earlier in this thread I had exactly zero experience with the books or the movies. So this will be instrumental in allowing me to understand what all the hoopla is all about. Very grateful for this!

:afro:

Cheers,

RR

D.L.Ruth":4iq88rau said:
It is a really good series. It is on Netflix right now, what better way to spend the current apocalypse!

Maybe reading? Huge fan of the books here...so-so fan of the films. They were SO dark, while the books seemed a bit less so. And then there’s the lack of Bombadil.

D.L.Ruth":r2b3j0jl said:
It is a really good series. It is on Netflix right now, what better way to spend the current apocalypse!
Don't have Netflix and the library is closed until further notice. Up until a week or so ago I was getting loans of DVD's regularly. When they re-open I'll get one in.

Cheers,

RR