Marching Into March Madness! (Bombing Run)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick":e7coy0c9 said:
Right you rotten bunch of scoundrels.  

I've just returned to the airfield after my daily sortie and have found damage with no warning from radar.  The MT section and Supply were there when I took off, now they're gone.

[realisation moment]

I think it's time to move this to another thread.  Standby for sitrep.
scooby-doo-ruh-roh-300x300.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Now then chaps and chapette, it appears that you’ve not been playing by the rules, in fact it’s simply not cricket (a little like baseball, cricket is a more refined English game for gentleman  ;) ).

It seems that the Bombing Squadron has modified their air frames and ventured into new territory this month, selecting a target normally considered out of range.  I must say, you’ve caught me completely off guard and I’m still in a state of shock. I'm not sure I'm deserving of such a heinous act but I'm going to maintain a stiff upper lip, keep calm and carry on. And knowing how you types fly, I suspect the damage sustained today is only the first wave…

Stick":gtc2he8o said:
Now then chaps and chapette, it appears that you’ve not been playing by the rules, in fact it’s simply not cricket (a little like baseball, cricket is a more refined English game for gentleman  ;) ).

It seems that the Bombing Squadron has modified their air frames and ventured into new territory this month, selecting a target normally considered out of range.  I must say, you’ve caught me completely off guard and I’m still in a state of shock.  I'm not sure I'm deserving of such a heinous act but I'm going to maintain a stiff upper lip, keep calm and carry on.  And knowing how you types fly, I suspect the damage sustained today is only the first wave…  

the-cat-out-the-bag.jpg

:lol:

Cheers,

RR

Huh. I guess no one is safe from the long arm of the BoB Bomber Wing!

People, we are global.....! :cheers:

Such a tragic time. And yet, he remains brave in the face of disaster.

Keep calm and run for the bunker, mate.

(This would be a good time to re-read the Pat McManus book, A Fine and Pleasant Misery, that includes the “Blind Stationary Panic” story. Always worthy.)

March Madness Bombing offensive:  Day 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBPajDmJbRw

Second wave hit today, a couple of well aimed incendiaries, one of which was particularly large.  Suffice to say the combined impact caused a significant shockwave that I'm still recovering from.  Sad to report that SHQ and the Main Guard Room have been reduced to rubble and there's now a hole in my favourite jumper that mother knitted last Christmas.  

Despite the losses (and several gains ;) ) one still managed to maintain an air of decorum and recovered enough to find a few tins of heavily dented bully beef, a case of powdered egg and a single stick of liquorice to feed the dishevelled and somewhat bewildered looking family. [My son is equally excited as I am and my wife is heart-warmed by the actions of the BoBs.  Young daughter remained nonplussed   ].  

However, as the sun was setting behind No 3 Hangar and we were mid way through our second helping of liquorice dipped in powdered egg the front door cops a packet from another incendiary.  Bless my giddy aunt, ANOTHER well thought out and perfectly delivered bomb.

[I have to say that the thoughtfulness and careful planning of this offensive has been humbling].

Having followed the development of other missions on the BBC's World Service I suspect this is not the end.  I will therefore soldier on, take it on the chin, and post a full impact report in due course.

Yours, humbled, on an airfield somewhere in England.

I love it when a plan comes together. :) Well done all. 

Keep a stiff upper lip there Stick, or wibble away, whichever takes your fancy.

Cheers

Tim

(Sits back, lights cigar, grinning and nodding.....)

I love it when a plan comes together :twisted:

Special Request: In the mix of bombs and other incendiary devices that are now raining down on Mr. Stick and his digs, are bombs that were sent by post from the USA and those that originated via vendors within the UK.

Speaking for those that sent items via the USPS from the USA...it would be wonderful to know whether or not our boxes are getting through. Would it be possible, if Mr. Stick knows the online identity of a sender, to send them a PM letting them know it landed safely.

Thanks.

Blackhorse":88ykfjwg said:
Special Request:  In the mix of bombs and other incendiary devices that are now raining down on Mr. Stick and his digs, are bombs that were sent by post from the USA and those that originated via vendors within the UK.

Speaking for those that sent items via the USPS from the USA...it would be wonderful to know whether or not our boxes are getting through. Would it be possible, if Mr. Stick knows the online identity of a sender, to send them a PM letting them know it landed safely.

Thanks.
Good call Mr BH, Sir. Sending PMs now...

Stick":uemumufl said:
Blackhorse":uemumufl said:
Special Request:  In the mix of bombs and other incendiary devices that are now raining down on Mr. Stick and his digs, are bombs that were sent by post from the USA and those that originated via vendors within the UK.

Thanks.
Good call Mr BH, Sir.  Sending PMs now...

Thank you kind Sir.  I know it’s not easy to get things done with half yer clothes singed off and all covered in ashes and soot, etc.