Marching Into March Madness! (Bombing Run)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
March Madness Bombing offensive: Day 3

Just when I was getting back on my feet a couple more precision delivered incendiaries from unknown sources have reduced the Sgts' and WOs' Mess to rubble. Probably not a bad thing as from what the chaps were saying it was bubble and squeak again for the third night on the trot and poor old Smudger is getting a squiffy tummy.

I'll be posting photographic evidence in the next few days, you rotten lot, so brace yourselves.

:cheers:

March Madness Bombing offensive: Day 4

Armoury was destroyed this morning by another huge and overly generous bomb.  Have now resorted to putting my under-crackers on my head and a pencil up each nostril.  :shock:

Suffice to say that the extent of your kindness has given such a boost to the UK economy that we are no longer in times of austerity and to celebrate the Queen has awarded the Commonwealth another public holiday.  Hussah  :cheers:

The bombing squadron’s flying skills have also not gone unnoticed.  The Chief of the Air Staff has commented on the precision and choice of weapon that have demonstrated the utmost professionalism and dedication to duty.  He has also commented on the impressive coordination of the attack; to achieve bomb delivery on a remote target in such a short time span is remarkable.  To this end he has recommended that all Bomber Squadron members be awarded DFCs and a mention in Despatches.

A stock check today has produced the following inventory.  In no particular order:

1 x tin SG’s FVF 50g
1 x tin Rattray’s Hal O’ The Wind 50g
1 x tin Dunhill Flake 50g
1 x tin SG’s SJF 50g
2 x pouch Capstan Navy Cut 25g
1 x pouch Louisiana Flake 25g
1 x pouch MacBaren HH Latakia Flake 50g
1 x tin Rattray’s Marlin Flake 50g
2 x pouches GH’s Kendal Dark Flake 50g
1 x pouch JF Germain’s Rich Dark Flake 50g
1 x pouch Condor 25g
1 x tin SG’s Spring Time Flake 50g
1 x pouch Pensioners’ Special Pipe Mixture 50g
1 x pouch JF Germain’s Perique 15g
1 x book, Ghost Stories, M. R. James
1 x packet of Sweet Maria’s home roasted coffee
1 x L’Occitane shaving puck
1 x LifeStraw
1 x Metal Clipper lighter
1 x beautiful hand-crafted pipe, ‘Bootlegger’, Japanese maple bowl, oak stem, with accompanying card / photo from the maker.

Ka-Booom!!!!

(Very sensible use of UK tobacconists too).

Yours, even more humbled than yesterday,

'Stick'.

Nice haul Mr. Stick.  Well deserved.  We specifically avoided sending tobacco items from the States as we understood that would have resulted in significant cost to you.

Also...on a personal note...whomever sent that Clipper knows his/her stuff. I discovered those a few years ago and give them the highest possible rating. They have an awesome capacity, are refillable, take standard flints and...You can slide the mechanism up from the body of the lighter and use it as a tamper. Love ‘em. BTW: No, it wasn’t me that sent it. lol

Special regards to your Chief Of Staff. Obviously your Chief has excellent judgement and regard for the highest standards of flying and navigation skills...which we, of course, are pleased to uphold.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Blackhorse":482dfrmh said:
 We specifically avoided sending tobacco items from the States as we understood that would have resulted in significant cost to you.
...which, I'm guessing, is Rule NT... No Tobacco??

And yes BH, the lighter is a belter. Feels solid, well made and has a nice angled flame too. I'm a very lucky chap!

<As his Lordship stirs his tea and ponders the actions of the bombers he thinks aloud->

"I say there chaps. This simply will not do. It's just not cricket.

Now then, do sit over here by the fire and have a cuppa with me. I just got some of these wonderful sticky buns in from the local bakery and I find them singularly toothsome".

:lol!:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":gbrtfcnw said:

<As his Lordship stirs his tea and ponders the actions of the bombers he thinks aloud->

"I say there chaps. This simply will not do. It's just not cricket.

Now then, do sit over here by the fire and have a cuppa with me. I just got some of these wonderful sticky buns in from the local bakery and I find them singularly toothsome".

:lol!:

Cheers,

RR
The likeness is uncanny Rande :lol!:

p1050811.jpg

Ee, by 'eck Squire.....

Looks quite like thee's cellar is now expandin' by leaps and bounds tha knows. Afore long thee'll be knighted an' we'll 'ave to start callin' you the Duke of the Shire (touches forelock with a finger to me cloth cap)!

:king:

Cheers,

RR

I'm so proud of the squadron! Fantastic job! This just reinforces the fact that no one is safe from our wrath!

Brewdude":gwv7o7nr said:
Ee, by 'eck Squire..... Looks quite like thee's cellar is now expandin' by leaps and bounds tha knows
Sure is Rande. This unexpected attack will necessitate an unscheduled trip to Ikea to get some more mason jars. Frankly, I'd rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than go to Ikea, but I think the occasion of the bombing mission will lessen the blow.

kaitlyn3837":b35th0qr said:
I'm so proud of the squadron! Fantastic job! This just reinforces the fact that no one is safe from our wrath!
Well done Skipper, and thank you.  Every ship needs a compass to guide the way.

Excellent work, gang, and rest in pieces, Stick! See part of my payload arrived but there may be worse yet to come...And good call on the MR James, whoever sent that has impeccable taste for pairing pipes with literature! "Whistle and I'll Come to You" is one of my very favorites, but there's a lot of good stuff in there.