Marching into Spring::: March BOB Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
:::Attention Bombers:::

It is time for another month of mayhem, and I can think of no more suitable month for this sort of activity than the month of March. Named after the Mars, the Roman god of war, March is significant for the beginning of the battle season and the onset of spring. Appropriate given our penchant for unmitigated destruction.

Of course March also contains a little holiday that necessarily entails you enjoy your first dram before noon, a holiday that is synonymous with the overindulgence of copious amounts of food, drink and tobacco. Of course I’m speaking of the one day we’re all Irish: St. Patrick’s Day.

Blend the bloodlust of a Roman March with the revelry of St. Patrick’s Day, throw in the Internet, and garnish liberally with pipe tobacco and you basically get the BOB Bombers.

This month’s theme: March (think: springtime, four leaf clovers, St. Patrick’s Day, green, Guinness, just about any Peterson related tobacco item etc.)

Arrival date designated for all ordnance as Friday, March 28.

Remember if you would like to participate in this month’s bombing run respond in this thread with your intent. Do not PM me. Orders should be dispatched shortly, and as soon as your bomb is in the air make sure you send me your tracking number via PM.

Reminder: In Search of Additional Co-Commander

With gravel’s departure I still find myself in need of an assistant commander. This individual will help me organize the bombing runs, come up with theme ideas for each run, help me select targets, gather DC numbers on his designated month, keep the official bombing roster up-to-date, and answer questions from pilots. I know it sounds like a lot of work but the time commitment is probably one to four hours per month.

To those interested, please send me a private message explaining why it is you want to be co-commander and some ideas you have for the next bombing run. The only requirement is that you be a BOB bombing member in good standing for at least 4 consecutive months.

I'm in! Although I thought we were going to delay a bit have them hit April 1? No matter, like I said, I am in!

I'm In! First time bomber! Getting the new blimp aired up for a stealth run!

Sooooo, being on the subject of St. Patty's Day, I thought it would be fitting to have some trivia: who actually knows (without using the Google) the story of Saint Patrick?  

WarlockBob":0zilk057 said:
Sooooo, being on the subject of St. Patty's Day, I thought it would be fitting to have some trivia: who actually knows (without using the Google) the story of Saint Patrick?  
I do! as I teach it every time I teach history of Britian or of early Christianity

DrT999":zofgcjxy said:
WarlockBob":zofgcjxy said:
I do! as I teach it every time I teach history of Britian or of early Christianity
I do, and I know some of the "nuh uh, Patrick" counterpoints.

He drove the friggin' snakes out of Ireland or something...then got likkered up at the local pub. Right?

i know it.. but need a refresher... Google... here i come.

*Taps fingers on desk* Hurry up TAD order so I can prep the package for some unlucky fellow.... He cant be Irish ... can he/she?