Mariner Onboard

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone...
To introduce myself, I am a 20 year old mariner, student, and meat cutter-in-training and fairly new to pipe smoking. I only started smoking a pipe about 2 months ago. I have just been experimenting with different aros, but am beginning with some old classics and I am taking a liking to those. I browsed this site and feel it has a lot to offer.

Welcome to the board MM88, am still fairly new to pipe myself, these are a great bunch.

Bd

Never Forget!

Welcome M.M.88,
Enjoy the forum.
There is lots of good information floating around here, any questions, just ask, someone usually can help.
:pipe: on Brother!

EJ

Welcome to the community. Lots of good info here and lots of nice folks who are eager to help. Sit back, light up and relax.

Welcome aboard. If you can't tell by my name I am a Merchant Mariner also. I work on a Oil Spill Recovery Vessel (OSRV) in New Jersey. Would you be a recent graduate of one of our many fine Maritime Colleges? I have many friends from SUNY Maritime and Mass Maritime.

Well , again, welcome aboard and enjoy the voyage. Of course you know that you have signed aboard for life but that is a good thing.

Thanks for the many welcomes.

SailorJack- I spent a year at Great Lakes...not a graduate, still haven't decided whether I am cut to be an officer or would rather just work unlicensed. Are you a haus piper?

Yes I am a Haus Piper. I am an AB unl. and Cook. Never had any ambitions to be up in the Idiot Box(Pilot House). I'd rather work out on deck puffing on my pipe while chipping and painting.

Also you should consider getting your tankerman's endorsement. You make pretty good money and you don't have to listen to the Captain bitch at you. Plenty of opportunities here in N.Y. Harbor.