Mars Cigars & Pipes - experiences?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
Did a site search to see if anything has been said about Mars, but it found nothing. I've never ordered from there before, and I might. Good experiences? Bad experiences? My biggest concern is that it is one of these outfits that says it has something, but it really doesn't. Also been shortchanged on weight in the past (that place is now out of business). I've been given the run-around with a couple online tobacco "shops" in the past, and I'd like to avoid that hassle if possible. Any help is appreciated.

ps-If you aren't comfortable with publicly expressing your experiences, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Mike Rutt is a standup fellow in my experience - I have never had a single problem. Highly recommended.

I don't use Mars for everything; some of their
prices are higher than others I use, but some
of their prices are much better.
All of my experiences with Mars have been very good.

Have used Mars and Smoking Pipes pretty much exclusively (except for the occasional foray into Uhle's or Boswell) and found them to be easy to deal with and trustworthy.

Centurian 803":1907dxzp said:
Have used Mars and Smoking Pipes pretty much exclusively (except for the occasional foray into Uhle's or Boswell) and found them to be easy to deal with and trustworthy.
Basically the same for me. Have had great experiences with all of them.

I have placed one order with Mars, received exactly what I ordered / paid for. Got it quickly.

I'll order from them again without hesitation.

I order from them every month.Great prices and and the shipping if fair.This is a stand up outfit.

Mike has been flying low under the radar for along time...
Sometimes his prices are a little higher, BUT he's not a 1000 package a day super site either..
When something goes wrong (and don't kid yourself stuff happens with everybody) you will be in personal communication with the guy that ordered the stock, updated the site, processed the order, and shipped the package..theres no blaming another department, no flipping you up the ladder, Mike does it all and he doesn't pass the buck, he fixes it.
It's a matter of preferance, do you want to shop at Wal-Mart (sometimes you have to) or do you want to shop at the mom and pops.. I've discovered that even on the supposed impersonal net there is a difference. I'll gladly pay $.20 more on a tin for the insurance of knowing exactly who I'm dealing with...

I'm not slamming the big guys, I like smokingpipes.com quite a bit.. but I like Mike better.

What the other guys said--service is great, and prices range from competititve to best-in-class. It's a shame the law is such that he can't stock snuff anymore, he was one of the best for that, too.

Never tried him before, but after reading this thread I certainly will look to give him some business!

I have purchased from Mike on many occasions. The Spring Forward box passes were started out with a lot of purchases (bulk blends) from him. I have nothing but good things to say about he and his service.

Been buying from him for years,first class service.

Winslow

I've ordered from Mars a dozen times or so. Always been perfectly satisfied with the business. Orders has always been delivered quickly, and have always held the proper contents.

I highly recommend Mars Cigars.

j

SORRY--DUPLICATE POST (Wow, I'd do anything to get my post count up!!)