Martini Madness

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH GAWD :drunken: WHAT HAVE I BECOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drunken: A Vermouth Addict!!!!! :drunken: The agony... :drunken:

:drunken: aww hell with it.. :drunken: .... Barwench.. :drunken: another Martini.

I love martinis. Pure and simple.

My favorite is the Vesper's Martini - Ian Fleming's favorite recipe which me made James Bond's favorite:

3 parts Gin (I use Sapphire, Plymouth, or Citadel)
1 part Vodka (I use Glacier)
.5 part Lillet (add a pinch of quinine powder or a dash of bitters)
Lemon twist

Serve shaken and up in a champagne flute.

The quinine powder is necessary because Kina Lillet went out of production in 1963 or 64. It had quinine powder in it so there is that slight bittery tang that you taste in tonic water.

This is one smooth martini, let me tell you.

ZuluCollector":6e0g9jgj said:
I love martinis. Pure and simple.

My favorite is the Vesper's Martini - Ian Fleming's favorite recipe which me made James Bond's favorite:

3 parts Gin (I use Sapphire, Plymouth, or Citadel)
1 part Vodka (I use Glacier)
.5 part Lillet (add a pinch of quinine powder or a dash of bitters)
Lemon twist

Serve shaken and up in a champagne flute.

The quinine powder is necessary because Kina Lillet went out of production in 1963 or 64. It had quinine powder in it so there is that slight bittery tang that you taste in tonic water.

This is one smooth martini, let me tell you.
Zulu- Thanks for the recipe. I am going to try this one. I am a martini fan myself. I normally drink a dirty martini.

That is funny... As I was reading it I could, sadly, see bits of myself in the stages which our protagonist sank into.

-Andrew

ZC....I'm confused!! What do you mean by "Kina Lillet" went out of production in '63 or '64? Did you mean KL with the quinine powder is no longer being produced, or KL itself is no longer produced? I ask for several reasons. #1, I am a Martini "lover" myself; #2, my friends, neighbors and wife (very important!!) think I make the best damn 'Tinis in the world; and #3, I truly love the "Vesper!!" I frequently use the original "Bond" recipe, using Gordon's gin and a really good vodka (remember, the "Bond" bartender used Potato Vodka; Bond later advised him not to!!) plus Kina Lillet. I have a very nice bottle in my fridge all the time! So that's why I ask about the "went out of production" statement!!!

BTW...for you Gin drinkers...Grennalls Gin (from England) is again being produced. I have long saved my last bottle of the original production; but now it's back!! If you have the opportunity...try it! Makes a fine Gin & Tonic....and one smooth Martini.