Masks Off - Flu On

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
MASKS ARE OFF…FLU IS ON! What’s apparently being noticed now is that cases of the FLU are picking up like crazy. During mask required times the flu virus was kept in check along with Covid. Now that masks are off Flu is blossoming. Yuk. So if you skipped your Flu shot this past season they’re recommending you go ahead and get it ASAP.

(This report was on my local news this morning. A quick check online with the CDC and I didn’t see any reports that mirrored the story. Doesn’t mean it’s not true. It just means I didn’t find it.)

I just finished up with the flu. I was lucky with C-19 and really only lost my taste (still not back to 100%) and was very fatigued. Comparatively, this flu kicked my butt. You don't want it if you don't have to get it.

Yeah…agreed. The story was just on the news again. They claim, “experts say” then state the incidence of Flu is currently 5 times more prevalent than usual.

So…Zeno…did you get vaccinated for either the Covid or Flu virus this past year?

Mom was in a rehab facility when she got worst and was sent back to the ER a couple weeks ago. She tested positive for the flu. It is going around.

Yeah…agreed. The story was just on the news again. They claim, “experts say” then state the incidence of Flu is currently 5 times more prevalent than usual.

So…Zeno…did you get vaccinated for either the Covid or Flu virus this past year?
I had C-19 before it went into known variants and have been vaccinated. I did not get the flu shot. No reason. I'm not anti- flu shot.

Got my Covid-19 booster and high dose flu vaccine at the same time a few months ago. One in each arm. I did fine and no illness yet. I highly recommend them and masking.

I'm still masking in public, yes we no longer have mask mandates, but I'll be buggered if I'm going to give up the protection that they provide. A further plus is almost no hayfever.

Also triple jabbed and will be getting my flu shot too and any other covid jabs required.