Mason Jars

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
I was rinsing some jars for recycling and I noticed that the jars from the product had "Mason" on them. There are two products that I noticed in our cupboards that use "Mason" jars. Both are pasta sauces:

Something Special Deli-Foods Ltd
Classico di Firenze

It's a great idea for those who preserve, but also to cellar your tobaccos.

Has anyone else noticed products using Mason jars. If so please share.

:D Paul

Yo Puffs, I have entire neighborhoods saving jelly, pickle spagetti sauce, olive, pickles jars for, most of the sauce jars have mason on them, I make my own and freeze it :tongue: ! Ken
Pacem en Pickling! :tongue: :pirat:

Great Ken... I never noticed this before... Good to see you posting :D .

When Ken says he has entire neighbourhoods savings jars... I bet there is not one of us who doubts that is literally true.

:lol: Paul

Ken,

There are actually people down here that collect old Mason Jars. They are very desirable as collectibles here. I have some of them myself in the old antique blue glass that are probably over 100 years old.

You can still buy them by the case specifically for canning. A lot of guys down here do that to seal tobacco in for aging.

Mark

I've been washing and saving those Classico spaghetti quart mason jars for years. Right now I have about 25 pounds of tobacco happily ageing in them.

They're highly useful for storing other dry goods such as different rices, wild rice, potato flour, rice flour, couscous, dried mushrooms, you name it. As a for-instance, the local Sam's Club carries 14 pound bags of a very fine Indian Basmati rice for about 50 cents per pound. One of those bags divvies up into 16 Classico jars. All the dry goods remain dry and bug-free.

And you sure can't beat the price! :lol!: