Massachusetts Constitution

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might be able to secure a hard copy of the Massachusetts Constitution?

There's a reprint edition available from the U. Michigan Press, under $20 at Amazon.

If you try Half.com at the end of semester in Dec./Jan., I bet there'll be a lot more of that edition, slightly used, for cheaper still.

Thanks Bro.. Amazon slipped my mind...

Also thanks for the half.com tip.. May not wait to pick that up but any place to score used text books is a valuable source.

I've read a bit of the Mass constitution, quite a remarkable document.

I had no clue that Adams wrote the original version that was passed with very few edits as the Commonwealth's framing document. Also its the oldest operable constitution not just in the U.S. but in the world. I know PA and VA's original constitutions were written before it but for what ever reason they both did a 'do over'. Learn new stuff everyday.

Adams is often overshadowed by the other Founding/Framing Fathers but the more I've studied him the more I've came to believe that America as we know it would not have existed without him.

I wonder why the Massachusettes folk don't brag him up the way Virginia does Jefferson?