Matters of the Heart

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simple Man

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks, just a quick note to let you all know I won't be hanging around much for a while. I suspect my smoking pipe may be coming to an end, this time for good. I had a heart cath yesterday, and my arteries were clear (good news). But the bad news is my heart valve is wearing out, I was born with a bicuspid valve and it is going south, and I am going to have to have it replaced. I have an appointment for consultation on the 21st. Surgery is for sure and we're pretty positive it will be open heart.... I will let you all know more as I find out. All of you who pray, prayers are definitely welcome.

Jack

Gosh, I'm very sorry to hear that, Jack. I sincerely hope all goes well for you and hope you can keep us informed as things progress.

Warmest thoughts coming your way and take care.

Stick.

Best of luck. My wife suffers from this same condition. While it is clear that inhaling smoke contributes to the issue, there is no research to suggest that nicotine is a contributing factor. I suppose what I'm saying is that if you don't inhale pipe smoke, there is no research to support that this is a contributing factor. I do however, understand your reluctance to continue in the hobby. Godspeed.

Thank you all for the well wishes. Surgery is set for June 11th at 6am. Prayers appreciated. It is going to be open heart surgery and they will be installing an artificial valve. Not looking forward to it, but survival rate without it is only 50% in two years... so, surgery it is. I will get back in touch sometime after surgery when I am back up and sitting at the keyboard. you guys are the greatest. Take care.

Prayers of healing for you and prayers of strength for your family.