May 17 new UK leglislation on tobacco advertising

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latakiahaze

Reaction score
So the thought police seem to march ever onwards in every country. I find it a crying shame that we can't buy our favourite baccy without seeing a picture of a diseased lung or a sub-par sperm. Yes, authorities, we get the Draconian message you are propagating - you don't have the money to treat us in the event of any illness so you would rather demonize the whole industry. Better still, if we do get ill, blame the consumer. Am I the only one who hates buying tobacco from some stone mausoleum in a supermarket where they roll back the front and present you with impersonal black boxes? What happened to the gorgeous artwork on pipe tins - what the feck has gone wrong with this world.

do what your told dont ask qestions donr talk back and eat what we feed you. you will be ok

Soon they will be attempting to put cameras in your home to see if you're smoking around any family members.

It's good to see you posting again Duncan. I used to read your postings before I became a member. I wondered what happened to you. Welcome back and I Hope you'll stick around for a long time. Feel free to post often. We need more experienced pipe smokers on here to help nurse the young pups along. :lol!:

AJ

Both Apple and Samsung were fined for having the capability to watch your every move in your home, college dorm or out and about. Apple laptops when left on gives the ability for easy access to the camera.

Who knows, right now if you own a LED flat screen TV if ONE of the pixels is a camera and BIG BROTHER has the capability too also watch you. It can be done without you having a clue!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

this is why im prepareing to give up everything and homestead. sounds crazy right but no more big brother

Morning OW! Coffee and pancakes will be served soon...

Totally with you on this one Duncan.

I posted something a few years ago on this subject on how much of a shame I thought it was that great tin art such as Sammy G's was getting ruined by legislative lettering. Browsing through the tins (and tin art) and handling the tins is all part of the wider smoking experience for me and this is now tarnished.

Sadly, the few remaining real tobacconists in the UK are feeling the squeeze too. My local one, Adlards in Shrewsbury, has been open since WWII and has had to restructure its interior to comply with legislation. It's a step closer to feeling like sex shop with a completely blank exterior. One can't help wondering whether tobacco will be available to buy 10 years?