May Flowers, May Bombs... One Blooms, One Booms!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Target neutralized. Ozark Wizard RTB. Potential detour at the Deschutes river to throw flies at the steelhead and trout. Refuelling enroute. :cheers:

Second X marks tracking confirmation! It's looking good!

1. kaitlyn3837 - X - X
2. jefe1037 - X
3. Brewdude - X - X
4. Stick - X - X
5. Ozark Wizard - X - X
6. Fr_Tom - X - X
7. Timbo - X - X
8. GrampaGrossbart - X - X
9. Briarbeagle - X - X
10. Blackhorse - X - X
11. fsu92john - X - X
12. Warlock Bob - X - X

...I'm hit, boys and lasses, hit real bad. Attempted to return to base this morning but sustained fire before I even reached altitude. Smoke and thunder all the way home, crash landed on the moonscape what used to be the runway...but there was yet worse to come, strafing run after strafing run as I crawled out of the cockpit, weaving serpentine through the haze toward the fume-cloaked bulk of HQ...all to find it a shambles, nothing left, as if smote by the fist of some rogue titan who escaped the wrath of Jove.

Currently hunkered down in a drainage ditch with my radio, waiting for dark to chance a dash for the treeline. If I last the night on the morrow I will submit photographic evidence of the carnage--I hear the damnable droning of another wave, growing louder and louder; must go silent lest this frequency be compromised. More anon...fates willing.

GrampaGrossbart":jncg50di said:
...I'm hit, boys and lasses, hit real bad. Attempted to return to base this morning but sustained fire before I even reached altitude. Smoke and thunder all the way home, crash landed on the moonscape what used to be the runway...but there was yet worse to come, strafing run after strafing run as I crawled out of the cockpit, weaving serpentine through the haze toward the fume-cloaked bulk of HQ...all to find it a shambles, nothing left, as if smote by the fist of some rogue titan who escaped the wrath of Jove.

Currently hunkered down in a drainage ditch with my radio, waiting for dark to chance a dash for the treeline. If I last the night on the morrow I will submit photographic evidence of the carnage--I hear the damnable droning of another wave, growing louder and louder; must go silent lest this frequency be compromised. More anon...fates willing.

My my, he does go on don’t he? He never knew we had his place wired. Sounds like he was just right here. I’m gonna land and check his place and that ditch.

Hey...wait...THERE HE IS! Blackhorse to all incoming pilots...get ‘em boys! Don’t let ‘em get away!

Much high jinks in the mess last night and celebratory drinky poos. We all raised our glasses to the target, toasted the King, and in time honoured tradition, set fire to the piano.

HUSSAH  :cheers:

Just when I thought it was safe to step outside....... :fpalm: SHRAPNEL!!!  :D

Some fine tobacco War Horse Bar, Peretti No. 8 Slice & Fader's Barking Dog (all new to me), a GBD billiard with a saddle stem, a Norwegian metal band coozie and a sticker for Dim Shores Press!  

Happy to see that the hi-jinks is continuing here & many thanks to this most gracious bomber. Always remember though, payback's a b&tch. ;)

PS - War Horse Bar smells powerful!  :drunken:

Looking at the devastation all around me, there's no two ways about it--I've been bombed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7-QCKv37_bI" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Finally let out of the field hospital long enough to take stock of the scope of the devastation. Here is the wrack and ruin ye have wrought:

0c422210.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 450px

Loot:
-Firebird Folding Knife
-Doctor's Pocket Knife (to go with the JKP!)
-MM Cob
-Mount Royal Saddle Billiard
-2 Presumably Handmade Pipes (very curious about these as they came from different bombers but are of similar style...)
-Homemade Teriyaki Beef Jerky
-Lots o' Pipe Cleaners (you can never have too many!)
-Roll on Like the Tide CD from our very own Rande Reed!

ccc91510.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 375px

c166a210.jpg" style="width: 500px;height: 375px

-C&D Star of the East Flake
-Erinmore Flake
-Dunhill Flake
-MB H&H Old Dark Fired
-GLP Jack Knife Plug
-McClelland Dominican Glory Maduro (circa 1998!)

Bulk:
-Blackhorse Burley Blend (Uhle derived)
-Ozark Wizard All Things Being Equal Blend (a krumble rope of sorts that resembles a candy bar)
-Just For Him Middle-Earth Blends Sampler
-C&D Night Train
-C&D 3 Friars
-GH&Co. Grasmere Flake
-GH&Co. Kendal Dark
-GH&Co. Sweet Maple Twist
-GH&Co. Whiskey Twist
-Jar of Semois (circa 2014)
-Jar of McClelland Dark Navy Flake (circa 2008!)

So much good stuff here I don't know where to begin--thank y'all so much for your thoughtfulness and generosity! I greatly appreciate the obvious care that went into selecting all these great gifts and plan to enjoy them all thoroughly. Having been a part of the BoB Bombers back in the beginning it's so satisfying to see it carrying on even after all these years, even as the sting of being it's target brings a tear to my eye. Thank you all again, and very much looking forward to next month when some more deserving schmuck gets to experience the horrors of our lovely horde. Cheers!