• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Brothers of Briar and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

McClellands Blackwoods Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3604

Reaction score
I was dismayed to learn months too late that McClelland had closed up shop. Being an occasional piper my tobacco supply lasts awhile. Soooooo, is there anyone who might have some Blackwoods Flake they'd be wiling to part with while I search for a new favorite??

Yes, no doubt. There are a few cans on ebay but for ridiculous prices. I'm looking at some stuff I've always wanted to try but never bought because I didn't want to have a bunch of tobacco sitting around that I'd never use. I was happy having 2 blends that I liked.Time to start testing. I'm going to try some Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader and some Skiff Mixture. I'll also try MacBaren's Mixture: Scotish Blend and Plum Cake for an aromatic. The search begins.

Thanks for the offer Blackhorse. I'm just trying some MacBaren's Royal Yacht at the moment - quite like it so far. A friend is bringing me some stuff this weekend too so to avoid having too much product sitting around that might go to waste I'll pass. I'm an occasional piper not a daily smoker so a little lasts a long time.

I'm pretty sure that I have an unopened tin or two. They would be ~8-10 years old.  Let me know if you want me to take a look.
Bill