MCClelland's Christmas Cheer Experts, I need your advice

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Friends,

I was gifted a few open tins back in the late 90s and thought it was pretty good. So, for the last 8 or 9 years I've bought a half dozen tins every year, but have yet to open one (I've got so many pounds of other MC Va's and other bulks, many aging for over a decade, that I have a hard time opening any tin; it's a long and sad story!). Anyway, if any of you are experts in Christmas Cheer, which years since '99 are better or worse or are they all about the same or whatever.

Like I recently told pipemaker, when I die, she who must be obeyed will find hundreds and hundreds of unopened tins and boxes of mason jars of tobacco, won't know what to do with them, and will sell them all for $10 for the lot! Keep you eyes on the obituaries for my area, it would worth a trip to Arkieland just to pick up on this deal!

:mrgreen:

Natch

That's kind of a morbidly interesting take on things. :lol:

:pipe:

Natch
In my case, I don't plan on dying until I have finished all my tobacco......that's my plan anyway!!! :D

"In my case, I don't plan on dying until I have finished all my tobacco......that's my plan anyway!!! Very Happy"

bronxsbill, if that were the case, I'm going to live to 218! That could get really ugly :affraid: !

come on guys, none of you have smoked any of the MC Christmas Cheers over the years? I'd really like to get some feed back on which years are good, bad, or similar.

Natch

To tell the truth, I have only had a few years. Most is stashed for extended cellaring.

What I have had has been very good. 2003, '04, '05, '06, and '07. But they have never been exceptional when compared to a blend like Tudor Castle. If I understand correctly, they are meant to be something else. The best of a particular crop.

They remind me a lot of GL Pease Montgomery. Something to be enjoyed when you have nothing else to do. I do this best on the porch in the summer, with a glass of iced tea. No computers or books. Just a breeze on a shady porch.

Carlos":3o2ksud9 said:
To tell the truth, I have only had a few years. Most is stashed for extended cellaring.

What I have had has been very good. 2003, '04, '05, '06, and '07. But they have never been exceptional when compared to a blend like Tudor Castle. If I understand correctly, they are meant to be something else. The best of a particular crop.

They remind me a lot of GL Pease Montgomery. Something to be enjoyed when you have nothing else to do. I do this best on the porch in the summer, with a glass of iced tea. No computers or books. Just a breeze on a shady porch.
Oh, you asked about similar. Well, '03 -'06 I thought were similar. 2007 is a red Virginia. A lot different than the others for me.

Hi Natch. In my opinion, of the years you have mentioned, the year 2005 stands out to me. 2002 is one of my favorites as it has what seems to be a perique-like feeling to it. I realize that there is no perique in any of the CC's but it just has that VA/Per feel to it.

Jay