McConnell Scottish Cake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamCordray

Reaction score
Seems that Robert McConnell Scottish Cake had a run of popularity on this forum about 5 years ago.  It also seems to have been more readily available back then.  I've never actually seen this in stock... anywhere... always just shy of permitting this smoke to grace my taste buds.  Having read some reviews on TR.com and flipped back through the archives of this forum,  I'm noticing two camps: one I call the "drool" camp (those who absolutely love this stuff, end of story), and another I call the "shrug" camp (either didn't see the hype or were simply not impressed enough to smoke this instead of a more available blend i.e. Escudo, Marlin Flake, etc).  I was surprised to see some of my trusted reviewers and those with undoubtedly discerning taste buds try this blend and "shrug"

Anyway, I'm interested to hear what you all think.  I know some have posted in regards to this blend years ago, but maybe things have changed.  Thoughts on this blend? Updated perspective?  Has anyone changed their stance from "shrug" to "drool"?  Or the opposite? How does it compare to Scottish Flake? Any other blends you would compare it with?  Surely it would improve with a few years of age, as do most blends in the VaPerKy category.

I plan to give this blend a try eventually, so there is no chance you can steer me away from your secret favorite blend by providing misleading information, as in... "Don't eat those delicious appearing cookies, I just saw someone sneeze on them..."

Thanks in advance!
    - Adam

It seems to be one of those solid and reliable blends that are unsung these days, as reviewers trumpet the virtues of those which are new or improved instead.

It's been a staple here at chez Brewdude for a while now and seems to be off the radar on the forums. And well be it for some time to come!

Also like Scottish Flake.

Cheers,

RR

If you like Scottish Cake, give their Scottish Flake a try. It's divine. I wish I had more than two tins of the stuff, but I do think SP has it.