McDonald’s infamous Szechuan sauce!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Out briefly as a McNugget sauce to hype Disney’s Mulan movie, it was wildly popular, gained a cult following and was all too soon discontinued. Enter the cries, the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then ultimately back to a once bright world now made bleak and hopeless. Alas. But then a ray of sunshine bursts through and Mickey D announces they are bringing it back. Nice.

So tonight my better (way better) half brought home a batch of nuggets and lo and behold there were two gleaming mini tubs of the sacred sauce in the sack. And is it worthy? Well, it’s still like a sauce you’d find in a little tub with a peel off lid…but it’s the best sauce thing like that I’ve had anywhere, any time. Very soy forward with notes of garlic, ginger, sesame, etc.

Well, that’s about it. I saved one tub for later. It nearly makes chicken nuggets worthwhile.

I have never heard of the sauce from them, but I haven't bought McNuggets in several years. I may have to ease by and see if they have it here. I'm usually more of a filet o fish or big mac guy.

Only thing I ever eat at McDs is their 2 for $2.50 sausage biscuits. Quick cheap breakfast and not too bad. Not as good as Hardy's but they are right on my way to the ranch. Convenient

I like the spicy mustard with mine; will have to try the szechuan if I ever get nuggets while it's still around.

Last edited:
Because once introduced it thrilled customers and became a super hit but was then ripped away from availability resulting in customer outrage (or whatever). So from unknown to famous to infamous.

Yes…infamous…”noted for some bad quality or deed”.

“Because once introduced it thrilled customers and became a super hit but was then ripped away from availability resulting in customer outrage.” I would think that qualifies as a negative.

I was looking on the Facebook marketplace this afternoon and someone listed 4 of those little containers for $5

Here are the pics
7B239D0E-87BD-4C35-B7C2-52AD1F0CDC7B.jpg
DDA3CFFB-09CB-4DE5-828F-5F3CB02D2CC2.jpg