medical rant

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man! What a rough go of it! My parents have been through a few ordeals similar to this (my grandparents too!). But that is a whole lot of stress with those first readings. I am glad you are both well and that the doctors were wrong.

I hope you and your wife continue to be well and keep getting those second and third opinions!

I was in a pretty serious car wreck last month (no fault of my own). The ambulance ride and E.R. stay totaled around $14,000.00 for some drugs, x-rays, and cat scans. I was less than impressed with the care I received and let them know it (with some help from the morphine). I had an appt. on Monday and was told I need an MRI of my neck. I have now been waiting all week for pre-authorization from the Insurance. It shouldn't matter the at fault parties insurance company will have to reimburse my insurance in the settlement. If anyone is ever involved in a wreck that isn't your fault, be prepared to be a victim in more than one way.

mark":a2melkze said:
I understand there are variables involved but we're not dealing with a new technique here and I've lost most of what respect I had for medical technology.
I share this distrust, but it's not with the technology.

Our professional schools are now based on the idea that anyone may attend based on bulk amount of work performed, not aptitude.

As a result, you have doctors/lawyers/architects who are good at techniques but extremely poor at thinking.