Meerschaum cigar holders

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmen84

Reaction score
Have any of you gents had experience with meerschaum cigar holders? I was wondering if it was more preferred over not using one? Because I was thinking about picking a few up.

I have only seen them, never used one. If you try it out then let us know how it goes!

I don't believe the vintage holders would be large enough for the bigger ring gauges we smoke today.

Herbinedave ":ecjrhzre said:
don't believe the vintage holders would be large enough for the bigger ring gauges we smoke today.
Very true, especially if you prefer a ring size from 58 to 62 and enjoy the flavor of a stoggie's tobacco in your mouth. When I use to smoke cigars more often I could keep that nub in my mouth for a few hours, especially if it was a Dominican or Cuban.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Most of the antique holders top out at about a 42 ring. Some are significantly smaller. The old ones also tend to angle the cigar up to about eye level. Never have figured out the purpose of that. The modern ones are nice but as with pipes make sure you get block meerschaum not pressed. If you spring for some let us know what you think of them

Jim