Meerschaum Help Rquested

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPT/VSG

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about picking up a meer. I had an old GBD one decades ago but something (now forgotten) happened to it and it is history. I've been looking at IMP, Beckler and CAO (by the way is CAO still making meerschaums?). Any thoughts on any of these lines, or others that you would suggest? To help limit the question, I'm also interested in a traditional shape with carving like lattice as opposed to a representational carving. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Highly recommend you take a look a Baki meers. Outstanding carver. Also there are some outstanding carvers working for Altinok Meers as well.

Thanks, guys, for the info. I've checked out the Altinok web site and there's many pipes shown that would work for me. It's good to know that there's been no problem shipping from Turkey.

I've got a nice, carved Altinok that smokes well, but I seldom bring it out (don't know why?). It's a carved Sevket Gezer and is just starting to color nicely. If you're interested, send me an email and I'll send it from my pix folder (I don't have a public web pix host, so I can't post it here). I've actually got a couple of meers that I may put up on ebay. I like them, they smoke just fine, but for some reason I just forget to bring them out. Too lazy or afraid I'll drop them, I guess?

Natch

I knew when i got my first IMP that it would not be my only one, and I am up to 3. IMHO, this is the way to go.

I'll second the recommend for IMP. Although I don't own one, these are the only meers my tobacconist sells. They feature the same mortise/tenon in briars, or so he tells me, which he wouldn't tell me were it not true, as he's a great guy to do business with, and I've been doing business with him for 8 years.

Here are some of my IMPS
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/pad-tad-f22/couple-of-imps-t5617.htm

I prefer traditional, non-figural pipes.