Meeting my brother for the first time.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D.L.Ruth":oqipai2d said:
Blackhorse":oqipai2d said:
Well, they could be crack head grifters.  Or something.  Hopefully not.
Lol they're probably saying the same thing about you.

Probably saying, “Well, he could be a pipe smoking website moderator. Or something.  Hopefully not.”

Great news Dave, and a most intriguing turn of events for you. Bet you weren't expecting that!

Hope the reunion is a happy one.

Wild news, hope the visit goes well! ...and also great about no genetic predispositions.

That’s quite amazing. Twins separated at birth. It’s like a bad soap opera. I’m sure you must have many questions in your mind. I can’t imagine how one would pick a twin to give up, let alone why. Good luck, I hope the experience is fulfilling for you.

Being made aware of this has made me want to get a test for me and my wife. You never know what you’ll find, right?

Spent the day with my brother and his son. Couldn’t have gone any better. Aside from the unique physical aspects we share with numerous other members of the family there were many likes, hobbies, interests, etc. plus things about our children that I share with them that are WAY too close to be coincidental. Both of us felt relaxed and comfortable with each other. The whole thing is mind boggling.

That’s awesome news mate, here’s hoping it’s a promising start to a new chapter in your kife.

Molto cheers

Tim

How’s this little addendum:

Both sides of my biological family have multigenerational histories of being long lived. They typically go over 90 y.o. and remain active and clear til they just topple over. My father passed at 94 and “mom” is 92...socially active, lives alone & takes care of herself just fine...drives herself to her friends for cards and drinks (loves her daily whiskey!). My brother is taking her on a cruise to Hawaii soon, which she’s looking forward to. Cool!

So you bums will have me heckling and causing general mayhem around here for quite some time! Heh, heh, heh.

Blackhorse":pjmt7pfs said:
So you bums will have me heckling and causing general mayhem around here for quite some time!  Heh, heh, heh.
Well, I think we can live with that.

So glad it went well for you, Dave. Just goes to show you never know what's around the corner. Sometimes we get dealt a rotten hand, others we come up trumps. So pleased for you Mr BH.

What a kick Dave. Learning about family you never knew you had until just now. Hope you can arrange to meet everyone else, including and especially your biological mom.

So does your brother resemble you physically?

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":qm9i16ni said:
What a kick Dave. Learning about family you never knew you had until just now. Hope you can arrange to meet everyone else, including and especially your biological mom.

So does your brother resemble you physically?

Cheers,

RR

In some ways yes, in some ways no. If we stood side by side it’s unlikely that you would think we’re brothers...but we both have certain things that very few other people in the general population have. Most notably a gap between our front teeth...which both Mom and one sister have as well. But other things as well. Plus, every person that has seen pics of my nephew and my son say they really resemble each other. But that’s kind of a generalized thing instead of very specific things.