Mellifluous Mountains of Mass Destruction!:: May Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
The hills are alive with the sound of music! And insects... and explosions.

Spring is in full swing, with summer soon approaching. The bugs are coming out of hiding, the flowers and trees are all blooming strong, and my allergies are at 110% strength!
I figured, there's not a better time to cause a bit of mayhem among our own. :pirat:

I'd like to see everyone who wants to participate to post their intent on this thread by no later than Monday, May 15th. It's a bit of a short month, and I want to give us as much time as possible.

Also, a sad bit of news - after almost four years of being a Bomber, and three full years of being Co-Command, I have decided to step down in my role. I will still be involved in bombing runs, but due to personal and professional time constraints, I feel that I no longer can dedicate the resources necessary to be a ruthless, effective leader. Luckily, after much consideration and thought on my part and Ozark Wizard's part, we have selected my replacement! I'll be passing the baton to none other but our very own kaitlyn3837!! Ozzie and I feel her creative spirit and gung-ho attitude will help to drive our trusty team to ever better skies.

With that, I now declare this post open, and bombs away!!

I'm SO in.

Bye bye Bobbie...thanks for your time in the saddle.

Hello K...can we call you K? You know...like M...and Q?

How about Double O-Kay? (00K) The name is Bond. Kaitlin Bond. 00K!

Thanks for the warm welcome into co-command! Of course I am in for this month!

BH, I'm fine with any of those ;) Goober! I really think you smoke something stronger than tobacco in the mornings...

Commander K...indeed, I assume you are stunned and amazed by my brilliant and creative wit. Even though we are often just a tad left of center around here we shine. Today's example...since it's Cinco de Mayo we're doing Cajun...Jambalaya and beignets. It's all good. :king:

Oh...and my "morning smoke"? Picayune...the pride of New Orleans! What else?

In of course. Sad to see you go Bob but I'm sure Kaitlyn will do a bang up job. 

Blackhorse, rolling pipe tobacco cigars sounds intriguing to me. Tell me more or did I miss the joke? (Should know not to post prior to my morning coffee :))

Cheers 

Tim

No joke. I use a Powermatic 2+ machine. Rambak, Vera Cruz, Beretta or Zen filtered tubes and so far either Stokkebye Turkish, Danish or Amsterdam dual purpose cut tobacco or one of the awesome blends made by Daughters & Ryan. The tobaccos taste totally different in a paper tube than a briar, and even tastes really different in different tubes. I don't inhale. The machine produces "mini pipe tobacco cigars" that are literally factory quality. It's awesome.

Scroll down to see some D&R blends...

http://www.ryomagazine.com/tobacco.htm

The machine...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Powermatic-2-II-Electric-Cigarette-Injector-Machine-MAKE-KING-100-MM-/322162518304

Some tubes...

http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=365_13

That looks like something I'll need to investigate mate, is there much difference between a machine rolled versus a hand rolled tube? I've occasionally been known to roll a pipe tobacco RYO when pushed for time. As you say the taste is totally different but still good. 

Thanks 

Tim

Looking good so far, folks! Here's where we are at -

1. Fr_Tom
2. Blackhorse
3. DrT999
4. arkansaspiper
5. fsu92john
6. kaitlyn3837
7. Timbo
8. whitesands77
9. hater
10. Ozark Wizard

We've got ten right now!! TEN! Can we shoot for a baker's dozen?

Sorry for the late arrival, I was on an away mission........

I would love to join the party, if y'all will have an old wizard fly along with you.