Member Map

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Can we do some kind of zip code locator map for members...or something?  There must be some kind of app or something, right?

I’d like to see a World Map on which members could pit a pin in their zip code or otherwise mark their location.  Without having to use their physical address.  Then other members could check the map for members in a given area.

It would need to be accessible to members as “our map”.

Anybody?

Can you embed this like on a thread or something and have guys click into it then add a location without disclosing a specific address then save it? And have it work across computer platforms...iPad, Android, Windows, Mac...etc.

Anyone interested in checking out details on how to set this up?

It's just time setting it up. I do not know if Forumotion would let us make it part of a menu. I need to go look. But it could be a link in a Sticky post. The ham radio group uses our name, callsign, and 6 digit maidenhead grid square. No actual address for the map pins. The Google Maps should run on all platforms. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, I looked at Google Maps for a bit & found that setting everything up is likely beyond what I can do with my iPad. I was hoping some other interested brother would step up and take it over as a “Stay at Home Project”.

Re: design...Either as a menu item or a link stuck to something like the welcome area or whatever...whatever works.

i thought the link Carlos posted had info on iMac-thingies?

i tried looking for one that's an add-on to phpBB, but couldn't find one. didn't spend much time looking either, was busy at work.