memphis pipe and tobacco shop

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC

Reaction score
I will in Memphis, Tn this Thursday through Saturday for the Memphis In May BBQ Festival, can someone recommend a pipe store that I can visit while there?
Thanks
LC

LC,

Here is a listing of various tobacco related shops in the Memphis area. Tobacco Corner, Ltd. is probably a good one. I don't know much about the others but they might be worth a call.

Discount Tobacco Beverage
(901) 346-8560
1021 Mount Vernon Rd
Memphis, TN

Raleigh Discount Tobacco
(901) 373-6460
3501 Ramill Rd
Memphis, TN

Smokers Shop
(901) 213-0616
2564 Appling Rd
Memphis, TN

Tinder Box
(901) 381-2775
2760 N Germantown Pkwy # 296
Memphis, TN

Tobacco Corner Ltd
(901) 682-3326
669 S Mendenhall Rd
Memphis, TN

United Smoke Shop
(901) 353-0420
2618 Frayser Blvd
Memphis, TN

Whatever
(901) 452-4731
610 S Highland St
Memphis, TN

I can't recommend the Tobacco Corner in Memphis highly enough. It is a great shop and I love going there when I'm in Memphis. If you go, say hello to Ken (the manager) and Eliot Abel (the owner) for me.

There's also a shop downtown (can't remember the name) on 3rd Street just off Madison that is very important historically. William Faulkner and other literary lumanaries used to go there. There's a great coffee shop in there and the woman who runs the coffeee shop makes fantastic cookies and baked goods. You'll find some good tins of vintage tobacco in there.

I used to live not too far from Memphis and the Tobacco Corner was one of the shops I used to go to. The other one was a few blocks East from the TC on Poplar, but I forget the name (left hand side of the road when you drive East). The people at the TC were not very friendly, but they had some good bulk tobacco, mostly renamed McClelland blends. The other shop had a much better selection of tinned tobacco. Being close together, I always used both shops. This was over ten years ago, so things may have changed...

I want to second the comments and opinion of zulucollector. I was in Memphis a few years ago and found the Tobacco Corner. Great shop. Pipe smokers gather there in the late afternoons to smoke. When I return to Memphis, it will be a stop on my itinerary.

There is a shop downtown, I think it is called the Tobacco Bowl, but it is mostly cigars.

TC