Mercy Bombing Mission - Sick Kid

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
We’ve got a member here whose young daughter has been very ill...recently suffered a near death setback...but is finally recovering from the setback thing. I’m thinking she could really use some cheering up.

So...drum roll please...........................

<h2 class="post-content">MERCY BOMBING MISSION</h2>

Here’s the deal. I’m going to order a Beanie Baby animal from Amazon. It’s gonna cost me between $5 and $10. I’m going to have it sent to the hufflepuff girl at their home address. I’m also going to send her a get well card. But that’s just me. The stuffed animal thing is the “project” item.

To take part, send me a PM saying you want in and I’ll send you the address...and list your name as a participant in this mission of mercy.

Link to related thread with story, etc.

https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t36349p50-a-world-turned-upside-down

I’m thinking if we all (or maybe it’ll be just ME) order on the same day they should arrive close to the same time, etc. That would be cool.

Mercy Mission Roster

1. Blackhorse...Pugsly the Pug & Tribble.
2. ontariopiper...Seaweed the Otter
3. Ozark Wizard
4. Brewdude...Coconut Monkey (Boo variant)
5. fsu92john...Whisper the Deer
6. DrT999...Slush Dog (Boo variant)
7. DrumsandBeer...Cheeks the Baboon
8. Oxman...Twigs the Giraffe
9. Mozjo33...Icepack the Polar Bear
10. Commander Kaitlyn
11. MichaelM...Tracker the Basser Hound
12. Ocelot55...Goochie the Jellyfish
13. GuitarMyFriend...Hope the Praying Bear
14. arkansaspiper...Knuckles the Pig
15. Bub

If you’ve signed up and/or told what Regular beanie baby you ordered and I haven’t listed you/it above...just remind me. This is all going pretty fast and I’m holding on fer dear life!  Yippie Ki Yay!

Let’s get this going and set the order date for this Monday, January 22nd. That will get the items out soon - and anyone wanting to join up after that can just send out when they sign on, etc.

Be carefull when ordering re shipping dates! Some are a lot longer than others. Also you should be able to find a beanie baby with a low cost plus shipping, if any, for under $10.

Be careful not to send a large size (6”) beanie baby.

There should be a zillion option re animals...and if we want we could easily choose to all send a bear...or a dog. If you want to do that, let me know.

Order your item from Amazon...then post here what animal character you chose to send.

So far we have ten on the roster. TEN! Pretty cool. Keep ‘em coming...I’d love to see hufflepuff post a pic of about 15 beanie babies. Where we are is awesome, 15 would be epic.

You guys are the best!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I couldn’t help myself. I sent her a Tribble. Good thing it’s just the one...so it won’t breed, right? Hate to have Dad shoveling the little fur balls out of her room with the snow shovel!

Haaaa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

OFFICIAL MISSION AMENDMENT TO ORDERS (yadda, yadda, yadda)

I was going over my selection and viewed a few others too. It looks like most of the “fastest” shippers are saying delivery would be between Jan. 25 - 30.

That being the case I just went ahead and ordered. I don’t see any real reason to wait til tomorrow, especially if ordering today fits you schedule, etc. better. So go on ahead and order today if you want.

Again...be carefull when reviewing vendors listed for orojected delivery dates. On mine the range was from what I picked way out to March in the most extreme case.

Also be careful to add Katie as the shipping address. Not hard to do. And be sure to click “yes” at the end.

I didn’t find any way to include a message or do gift wrapping - I guess she’ll just have to suffer.

That’s it! Let the games begin.

Oh...and I did order Pugsly the Pug to be sent her way. I’ll list that on the roster.

Thanks again you guys.

Ordered today!

According to my wife, who has had her fair share of Beanie Babies, Goochy the Jellyfish is the softest and most huggable. Sure a jellyfish is a bit odd, but normal is overrated, am I right?

Brewdude":bgkgyzwf said:
Coconut Monkey on the way to Katie!

51YXM8lvD%2BL._SS110_.jpg

Cheers,

RR
Boos Slush Dog on it's way

Well Dave, I thought you were sending the pug, so i made a Tribble. But you are sending a Tribble too.

I will have to ponder my stuffy.....

Ozark Wizard":93gdlqoz said:
Well Dave, I thought you were sending the pug, so i made a Tribble. But you are sending a Tribble too.

I will have to ponder my stuffy.....

I was hoping to avoid any homemade or already bought items being sent...to avoid any allergens or animal dander, etc. from being introduced into her environment.

And yes, I did find a vendor online that had official Star Trek Tribble for sale.

Tracker the Basset Hound is on his way.  I may be a curmudgeon, but those eys still got me ;)