Metal tenon questions

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingcobradude

Reaction score
I recently got a royal demuth zulu pipe, but it has a metal tenon with a seemingly rough surface. It seems like it could wear out the mortise, though it does feel better after I applied beeswax on the tenon. Any thoughts on if it is safe for the mortise, or should I replace it with a delrin tenon? Pictures included.

P.s., I wasn't sure if this section or the general pipe discussion section was more appropriate, mods, feel free to move

Looks like either tar deposits or corrosion. Either way a quick rub with steel wool will clean it up to the point that you won't need to replace it. After you get it cleaned up just keep it waxed.

Jim

huffelpuff":s251inwe said:
Looks like either tar deposits or corrosion. Either way a quick rub with steel wool will clean it up to the point that you won't need to replace it. After you get it cleaned up just keep it waxed.

Jim
I think a Brazilian Wax might a bit too much

eggman":njwz3p4c said:
huffelpuff":njwz3p4c said:

Jim
I think a Brazilian Wax might a bit too much
What do you mean eggman?