Michael Parks, Perfection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol never mind, your snowman face was very much appreciated! What has happened to the board though?? Don't they know old men don't like change?!?!?!?

Just a quick throw in here, I took at the young artist's website this week. His starting grade pipe comes in at $225 which frankly is a helluva lot a pipe for your money. I find some of his commissions are purely for the collector rather than the smoker, but his classic lines are very classy IHMO. One of the greats out there and he still a young lad.

http://www.parkspipes.com/

One thing to note is how good Michael has become with his version of a "golden contrast" stain. It really brings out the grain. Your new acquisition is one beautiful piece.

Michael is one of the very best North American craftsmen and is a terrific person as well. I'm fortunate to have 3 of his pipes and each smokes wonderfully. Enjoy!

Those Parks pipes are beautiful examples of Michael's work. I like the restrained quality in the shapes of these pipes because there isn't too much going on. They just reveal nature's perfection.

Absolutely gorgeous.

I was salivating over that one at SP for months. Thanks for removing the temptation!

The acrylic ferule with pheasant feathers is a truly inspired touch and that birdseye...just wow!

Michael did a wonderful job shaping the bowl and the chubby proportions are both comforting as well as elegant at the same time...A TRULY REMARKABLE PIPE!!!!

Holy Tomato Batman! Not only is he very talented but WOW great wood! Love that birdseye

I second all the above sentiments regarding how wonderful the pipe is.
I would like to compliment you on your astounding photography, you must truly be an artist. How you accomplished such, is a mystery to me.
Ed