Middleton Walnut Pipe Tobacco Back From the Dead?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eleknar

Reaction score
Some of you may have been disappointed to hear at the beginning of the year that Middleton's Walnut was discontinued. You may have another chance to partake in the blend once again. A lot of the times revived blends aren't quite the same the second time around, but isn't it worth a shot? From the Milan Tobacconists Facebook page:

"At the beginning of the year, we broke the hearts of many a customer with the news that certain longtime Middleton pipe tobacco favorites had abruptly been discontinued by the company. Today, we're thrilled to mend those broken hearts with the introduction of "Our" blends featured below. We could not have produced these blends without the support of our wonderful customers who smoked the originals for decades and volunteered to critique every blend variation we sent their way for testing. Thank you!
If you enjoyed Middleton's Kentucky Club Mild, Kentucky Club Mixture, Royal Comfort, Sugar Barrel, or Walnut pipe tobaccos before they went the way of the dodo, we invite you to try Milan's new "Our" blends at the introductory price of $2.20 per ounce. They may quickly become your new blends!"

They then link to a number of "new old" blends, including: Walnut

Happy smokes!

I find P & C's Revelation match to be quite serviceable as a substitute for same. Perhaps Milan Tobacconists also knows what they're doing. The Kentucky Club Mixture clone is of particular interest to me. Thanks for posting.

Richard Burley":thrz37wm said:
I find P & C's Revelation match to be quite serviceable as a substitute for same.  Perhaps Milan Tobacconists also knows what they're doing.  The Kentucky Club Mixture clone is of particular interest to me. Thanks for posting.
No problem ;)

Fr_Tom":ashntpaj said:
They have a Sugar Barrel clone as well...
I have an unopened tub of that sitting at home. I don't have any com parables to Walnut. I wanted to try it but never pulled the trigger.

Wow Sugar Barrel. My Dad smoked that and Cookie Jar Mixture when I was a kid. Unfortunately I never tried either.

I have some original walnut is anyone wants to try some.

JimInks":30anzpnv said:
d4klutz":30anzpnv said:
I have some original walnut is anyone wants to try some.  
I'd like to try it.
I would love to know how they compare, but JimInks is clearly the guy to tell us.  I ordered a couple of ounces of the new Milan stuff.  If either/both of you want to do a side by side let me know and I'll send a sample when it comes in.
Thanks for the information Eleknar!
Mike.