Midwest tornados

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much here in central Ohio, sirens wind and rain but not a lot of damage. Looked a bit worse to the west of us

We had some pretty impressive high winds. A neighbor's pier is on our side of the lagoon. Another neighbor's tree went down, and I posted a pic last night. Internet was out five or six hours total while they worked on lines. So - some excitement, but we escaped relatively unscathed.

Baseball sized hail and really high winds. Some tornadoes. We just had winds. Perhaps 500 homes destroyed in Washington, IL. Not counting those on that same line damaged in Pekin and East Peoria. That's about 45min from me. I know we have some members up in Peoria. Also tornado damage on the Ohio river, but that's hours from me.

aquaholic":nkwguzuh said:
Not much here in central Ohio, sirens wind and rain but not a lot of damage.  Looked a bit worse to the west of us
I can confirm this! Just some wind and rain for us.

Sorry it took a while to find this thread. Peoria and the near areas experienced some hail, heavy rains and wind, but nearly no intense damage. I have some close friends in Washington who've lost their homes. It's definitely a difficult time for a lot of families. I just visited the area with a friend whose house survived and the devastation is palpable. There is a huge outpouring of support coming from around the country and it is going a long way for the residents who are now rebuilding.