Mike Brissett

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
Brothers and Sisters of Briar,

I have not posted anything here in a long time.

It is with very much regret that I have returned to make this post but it is at the request of one of our dearest and most humble brothers that I do so.

Mike Brisset's wife called me and asked if I would let everyone know that Mike passed away this morning. Mike was one of the finest and most humble people that one could be privileged to meet, and he made some of the most cherished pipes that any pipe smoker could desire.

I am too upset myself right now to elaborate on the circumstances. I will say that Wanda told me that Mike passed away very peacefully and that she knows that he is in a much better place. She did tell me that she knew he was preparing a smoking lounge up in heaven and is enjoying a good smoke with our brothers that have gone on before us and will be waiting to do the same with us when we get there. Mike was a God fearing man and I have no doubt that he is doing just that!

As soon as I know the arrangements I will let everyone here know the details.

Peace and blessings to all and may God bless you!

Mark
(Justpipes)

Holy Smokes!
Welcome back!
  :cheers:

Oh crap, I wrote that before I read your post.   :oops: 
Sorry to hear that.

Thank you for letting us know Mark. Mike was a bro for sure. Above and beyond type of guy.

For those that do not know. Mike was known as pipemaker on here.

He was one of the originals that came over from the Knox Board.

Mike was a top notch guy. He was a regular poster and a great contributor to the board when it was in its infancy. He will be missed :( 

I didn't know him well but, I always enjoyed reading Mikes posts. He seemed like
a good man that was always respectful of others, he'll be greatly missed.

Mark, thank you for taking the time to let everyone know. I am deeply saddened to hear this news.

To those that knew Mike well and his family I'm so sorry for your loss. I will have a pipe full in his honor.

Jim

I am sadden by this news also. I enjoyed my contact with Mike When he was making a bowl for my Kirsten. I am in the process of breaking that bowl in now and I will smoke it tonight in his honor.

I didn't know Mike,but based on the word of the brothers here, he must have been a fine gentelman. I'll smoke in his memory this evening, and pray for his family.

Sad News, I hadn't seen or heard from him in a few years. He was a Milwaukee Area Pipe Society Brother and a fine pipe maker. RIP

This is sad news indeed. Mike made one of my most treasured pipes, and he will be dearly missed by many.

Mark,
Thanks for the news of Mike's passing. I will now treasure the pipe that he made even more in his memory.
It's nice to see you posting here, just wish it was under more pleasant circumstances. I hope all is well with You and Yours. Hopefully your cellar is full of Walnut blend.
Andy C