Milan Tobacconists Announces Blends to be Discontinued...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Got this from another forum. Apparently from an official email sent out by Milan Tobacconists. Unfortunately, it appears to be the result of Phillip Morris taking over the company...
I don't really smoke any of these blends, but I am sure some of you will appreciate this info and may want to consider stockpiling before these blends are lost forever. It appears another company will try to recreate them eventually, but you know how that normally goes. The following is quoted directly from the Milan email.

<<<Middleton Pipe Tobacco [Excludes Cigars] Customers: We were recently advised by our distributor that the John Middleton Co. has discontinued the following blends effective immediately: Cherry Blend - 12 oz. Canister; Gold & Mild - 1 1/2 oz. Pouch; Kentucky Club Continental, Mixture & Regular Blends - 12 & 14 oz. Canisters and 1 1/2 oz. Packet; Prince Albert - 1 1/2 oz. Tin Style Packet; Royal Comfort - 1 1/2 oz. Pouch; Sugar Barrel - 12 oz. Canister; Walnut - 12 oz. Canister; and Wine Berry - 1 1/2 oz. Pouch. Milan Tobacconists has been given the green light to inform our customers that a major player in the pipe tobacco industry is working on comparable blends, although a release date is not known at this time. Please feel free to contact us by email [[email protected]] or phone [877-70MILAN] with any questions, concerns, or if you are interested in our recommendations on potential replacement blends in the interim.>>>

-Scott

Whoops, just realized a couple threads below that someone beat me to the punch...mods feel free to delete this thread...

Sorry,
Scott

I was informed by what I consider to be reliable sources that Middleton has no plans to discontinue these blends.

If anyone has additional and reliable info, please advise.

rothnh":m19gqics said:
I was informed by what I consider to be reliable sources that Middleton has no plans to discontinue these blends.

If anyone has additional and reliable info, please advise.
I think they are still shown on the corporate website. Perhaps the distributor Milan uses is dropping them?

Aristokles":lhuxylc3 said:
I think they are still shown on the corporate website. Perhaps the distributor Milan uses is dropping them?
Yep, could be a distributor issue.

Altria Group (the Philip Morris mentioned by the OP) actually acquired John Middleton over six years ago:

REUTERS 12/2007-- NEW YORK--(Business Wire)--Regulatory News:

Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE: MO) announced today that, having
received regulatory clearance, it completed the acquisition of John
Middleton, Inc., a leading manufacturer of machine-made large cigars,
from privately held Bradford Holdings, Inc. More information about
John Middleton, Inc. is available at www.altria.com.

Altria Group, Inc.
Media Center, 917-663-2144