Minneapolis is back to Distance Teaching/Learning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
My daughter phoned me within the hour. She's a Mpls Public School teacher. Omicron has spread so rapidly that the system is going to a hybrid system until Feb 1 at the earliest. Teachers teach from their respective schools; students are at their homes, unless their parents, for whatever reason, claim they cannot provide proper supervision at home. It basically requires teachers to teach two groups of kids simultaneously.
My grandkids district is going to absolute distance learning Thursday and Friday. Late Friday, parents will be advised if distance learning will continue beyond those two days. In reality, I think Thursday/Friday are just to get all the distance learning hardware in place. TFN I have the 11:30 am to 4:30 pm shift at my daughter's house. Her father-in-law is 8:00 am until I arrive to make lunch.

Please pass the,
12267770871838.png

Portland and surrounding districts are doing much the same thing.

Too, a number of individual schools or whole districts are totally closing today/tomorrow due to the large number of staff & students out due to the dramatic Omicron surge.

They should rename Omicron. They should call it Wildfire.

Yesterday, at my daughter's public school, of 50 kindergarten students, only 8 were in attendance. Her school, Pratt Elementary, serves primarily children whose families are under the federal poverty line.