Minnesota has nation's worst 7-day rate of new COVID-19 infections

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dynamics of Covid vs Cancer are very different. Those with cancer don’t spread their disease to others - potentially killing innocent people. Antivaxers are a significant cause of disease and death. Their headstrong ignorance is indeed an American tragedy.
Interesting analysis considering that it's been proven that vaccinated individuals can also carry, spread, and catch the virus. I myself have had it and been hospitalized twice even with the vaccine and boosters. Tobacco users like myself often bring cancer upon themselves regardless of knowledge of its hazardous use and others breathe the smoke.🤔

Last edited:
Hey…you’re right! I totally bypassed the issue of secondary smoke killing folks via lung cancer. And that’s terrible cause it’s what killed my sister-in-law. I drove her back and forth a hundred miles at a pop for appointments and treatments too. Sorry Sis!

Re the anti-vaxer thing…yes, it’s so virulent (especially Delta and the other new one too) that yes, vaccinated people can get it and spread it, etc. But the PRIMARY cause of spreading the infection is STILL unvaccinated to unvaccinated...the “vaccinated spread” thing is the exception not the rule. All the more reason it’s so critical to vaccinate as many of the population as possible.

Very sorry to hear you’re had it twice. Nasty business to be sure. But…it’s much more likely that you were still alive to get it again and then survive even that BECAUSE you were vaccinated. It’s like you are direct evidence of the incredible value of being vaccinated. So congrats for that.

......so the anti vaxers pick up the tab for their decision.
So by that logic, tobacco users should pay for cancer treatments?
To the best of my knowledge, all life insurers, who will even insure a tobacco user, have a higher rate schedule for users. For those not in a group and getting a group rate on their medical insurance, and are buying an individual medical insurance policy, they will usually pay higher smoker/tobacco user rates.
In some manner many tobacco users do pay more for treatment via their medical insurance rates.

I myself have had it and been hospitalized twice even with the vaccine and boosters.
No doubt in my mind that without your being vaccinated, having required hospitalization twice, you'd very likely be dead had you not been vaccinated. You post that you had booster(s); multiple boosters. I am in my late 70s with a weakened immune system, #1 priority class for the single booster. How did you manage to get multiple booster(s)?

But the PRIMARY cause of spreading the infection is STILL unvaccinated to unvaccinated...the “vaccinated spread” thing is the exception not the rule. All the more reason it’s so critical to vaccinate as many of the population as possible.
Those are the facts.