Minnetonka Men's Moosehide Weekend Moc

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Just ordered these via A.  Not cheap but tired of spending not so much and getting total crap.  The last pair I had (current pair) stretched to badly I can’t keep them on...tend to step out of them at the worst possible time.  Damn near killed myself a couple times recently.  That was it.

Finally ordered these.  Hope they do better.  Moose hide...Bullwinkle Booties.  Heh.

Note: leather lined...no shearling or flannel. Ideal for me.

Being from the midwest, I remember the Minnetonka brand being as common as Levis. A little section in so many convenience stores, trinket shops, shoe stores, clothiers, etc. I thought it was normal for moccasins to be in stores, and then when I finally went out into the world, I realized it wasn't. That's one of those little odd markers in a child's mind that gets blown apart when exposed outside the small bubble.

Minnetonka no longer has that kind of proliferation or presence. I only see them if I purposely go to find them. My camp shoes are a pair of moccasins.

Moose is awesome. Thick. Light. Tough. Those are nice looking.

Yes please!   Those are just what I want.  My wife bought a pair of mocs for me that are ok, but, they have that lousy fleece lining.  I don't like them but wear them to appease the wife!

Nice looking Mocs. But there’s only one problem with them. You can’t wear them during the week. They're weekend mocs, and I didn't see and weekday mocs.

Thanks for this! As soon as I hit the house my shoes come off and my slippers go on. I've been wearing L.L. Bean's which I love except that my old feet wear out the flannel lining in literally a week or two. Been looking a for a pair of leather lined ones!

Oo...Oo!  Stumbled on a second pair of Minnetonka brand slippers at a steal.  Open box.  Returned due to wrong size issue.  Less than half price.  Nice.

Sheepskin. Reg. $75. My cost...about $35.

Minnetonka moccasins were once made in the U.S. in suburban Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN. Now they're made in China or the Dominican Republic. If you have interest in American made, try Footskins in Spring Grove, MN.
Footskins does make custom made moccasins for super wide, extra narrow, and weird, unusually shaped feet.
when-there-is-a-huge-gap-from-your-big-toe-to-the-second-toe_832539edd32dad0c6fbc2b1996ec3d59358a87f2.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered these via A. Not cheap but tired of spending not so much and getting total crap. The last pair I had (current pair) stretched to badly I can’t keep them on...tend to step out of them at the worst possible time. Damn near killed myself a couple times recently. That was it.

Finally ordered these. Hope they do better. Moose hide...Bullwinkle Booties. Heh.

Note: leather lined...no shearling or flannel. Ideal for me.

I really wish I could find a pair in my size 10 1/2 × 4E. They really look comfortable.

Nice! I never heard of Footskins but I live near Spring Grove and I’ll check them out when I get back in the spring.🤓