Miracles do happen!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vito

Charter member
Reaction score
In case y'all didn't know it, on 2012, December 6, the U.S. House of Representatives made history by voting unanimously<sup>1</sup> for the first time ever, against the U.N.'s scheme to seize control of the Internet. So, I presume we can forgo any pointless partisan political arguments here. The vote was unanimous, and for once they got it right.

I'm no fan of Congress, but this is pretty much a non-theological miracle. When the entire U.S. House of Representatives votes unanimously against something (...which has never happened before, as far as I know), that's a clue that it might be something so incredibly stupid that not even Congress is incapable of recognizing it. And control of the Internet by a U.N. superstate is exactly that — idiotic.

I'm no fan of Federal bureaucracies either, but now comes another miracle. When the FCC<sup>2</sup>—which normally observes a certain measure of rhetorical restraint—comes right out and declares that the U.N. plan is full of "lies and deceit", I suspect there's something to it. After all, they're a Federal bureaucracy. I figure they're experienced enough with fraud to know it when they see it.
710492.gif

:joker:

<sup>1</sup>U.S. now 'totally unified' in opposition to U.N. Internet governance

<sup>2</sup>FCC to Congress: U.N.'s ITU Internet plans 'must be stopped'