Missing Girl - Personal Friend *FOUND SAFE*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My good friend's daughter ran away last weekend and has been missing ever since. She did leave a note so the police treat it as a run away and don't provide a lot of help. Which I understand but it's very frustrating to the parents. So all of us have been putting the word out in every way we can think of.

My personal belief is she is being helped by an adult and is probably not in our immediate area (Olympia, WA) anymore. She didn't have any money or a car, didn't take her cell phone or leave any clues really.

Anyway, here is her poster from the State Patrol. Long shot but I guess it's good to have the information out to as many people as possible.

That's about as scary as it gets, my condolences to the family. I hope she makes it back home safe and unharmed. Though like you said it may be a long shot I'll keep my eyes peeled and I'm sure everyone else on the board will as well. Let's hope she's only at a friends for some time or something and hasn't fled too far, and that she's NOT with an adult, that is to say a stranger at least. The world is such a scary, unpredictable place nowadays.

Hoping everything turns out for the good here. Will keep my eyes peeled, just in case.

Let us know how this turns out. As a parent of three, this is my worst nightmare.

My friends daughter ran away recently and was found a week later staying with a girlfriend of hers in another town,,I hope this is something similar,,,My prayers to Madeline and her parents.

Dealing with high school students as a living, I see this much more often than one would like. In most cases, it turns out she's hiding out with some friends that are keeping it a secret. I had a student run away from home and moved in with the boyfriend. Gone for weeks. She emailed me and told me that she was okay, and just had to get away from her Aunt. She was later convinced to go home and make amends.

I hope for the best in this case.

Great News!!!

Maddy was found alive and well yesterday in a town about 15 miles from here. I don't know many of the details but they found her alone in a motel and she was just fine. Sounds like she made a purchase on her iTunes account and that's how they tracked her down.

That's fantastic,,,I hope whatever problems caused her action can be worked out,,,I can't imagine the load lifted from the parents,,,thanks for the happy update Jason,,,

That's the best news anyone could have hoped for! I hope everything works out and there aren't any more instances like this and she and her family never have to experience a scare like that again.

jhuggett":8e60whc2 said:
Great News!!!

Maddy was found alive and well yesterday in a town about 15 miles from here. I don't know many of the details but they found her alone in a motel and she was just fine. Sounds like she made a purchase on her iTunes account and that's how they tracked her down.

Glad to hear that!

(But after everyone gets over their joy,
they'll prolly be pissed at her lack of
consideration for her loved ones.)

If it were my daughter she'd be in for it about five minutes after she was home. :lol:

Whoever she was with would be in for it! Keeping a minor without parental consent, if the cops don't take the sucker out he's fair game for dad!

Really glad to hear she's OK Jason.

I didn't want to bother the family by asking them details but I'm assuming there had to be an adult involved. How could she even rent a room with no money or credit cards? God help the SOB if her dad finds out... He's just the kind of guy that would want his own justice no matter what the cops did.

jhuggett":3hhfbpe9 said:
God help the SOB if her dad finds out...
I can definitely see why, hopefully he won't get himself into too much trouble. I know if I had children and were in his shoes I'd be feeling the exact same way.

jhuggett":nh6u45y4 said:
Great News!!!

I'm catching up on threads and I am SO glad to read this. Being a father of a 14 month old, it just scares the heck out of me that my child might do go missing. We had someone try and abduct Alex at the local Ikea when he was only 3 months old.

Before we had our little boy, I was afraid that I wouldn't be a dedicated or loving father, because I didn't know how much my life would change. Now that he's in our lives, I can't imagine not giving him all he needs. And to my point, I can't imagine life without my little boy. This sort of thing would be devastating. I'm happy to hear that this is had a happy ending.

Martin