MLB Playoffs 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
My Nationals are in and I already have a pit in my stomach. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, one game at a time. Who else has a team in the post season?

GO ROYALS!!!!!

First time we've been able to say that in 29 years :lol:

I don't really have a dog in the fight, so I'll be rooting as hard as humanly possible for whoever takes the field against the Godless Cardinals.

For the next week-and-a-half, I'm the world's biggest Dodgers fan.

I'm so nervous for the Nats I've decided to avoid rooting interest in other series that could affect them. For example my natural inclination is to root whole heartedly against the Cardinals. Especially after 2012. But I'm not sure I want to root for the Nats to have to play the Dodgers should they advance. Oh boy, I'm going to be stressed. My little league team was the Royals btw.

Cards fan here. Haters gonna hate. My first worldly possession was a 1982 world series baseball. Go Crazy folks!

I think this is going to be a GREAT post season. Two bay area teams, two LA teams, Two MO teams, two Beltway teams. Pittsburgh at least has home field advantage this year (I fully admit that they got hosed last year). Even better: NO yankees, NO red sox for espn to be all starry-eyed over. I am really looking forward to how enjoyable that the next six weeks are going to be.

I haven't followed baseball much this season, but as usual I would like see a home grown lower payroll club like Pittsburgh, Oakland, Baltimore or KC take home the championship. I liked what Oakland was doing this year until Billy Beane traded away the only dude on the club who could actually rake. :fpalm: Their line-up has been a disaster without Cespedes..

I have a bad feeling that one of the LA teams has bought themselves a title this year & that just pisses me off.

Silver lining? No BoSox, No Skankees. :cheers:

Diehard Cards fan since birth here, had season tickets growing up.

NBA has a "shot clock".
NFL has a "play clock".

I will return to MLB when they get a "pitch clock". (clock expires=Ball)

@Jefe: Haters gonna hate? Yes, yes they are. Cubs' fans since birth gonna hate beyond all rational measure? Count on it!

@D&B: If, somehow, the WS ends up Pirates Vs Orioles/Royals, I'd look forward to it more than any other series in recent memory. But I'm sure we're in for some combination of the usual suspects.

idb: as a cards fan in the Chicago area, I deal with the lovable losers on a daily basis. It has gotten to the point where I just want them to win so it is a little more of a challenge to mock them. Brock for Broglio is just too easy, especially for the may to august fans (summer ends, hopes are gone, and bears start playing all seem to happen at the same time it is funny to me how NOONE talks about baseball come September 1st in this town)

That being said, I wear the birds on the bat on my sleeve. I am a infidel in the holy land. Except for once a month. I have a regular guest (reminder to those that missed in other threads: I am a waiter and sommelier in the Second City) to whom I refuse to admit that I am a Cards fan. That man that earns that respect (it IS out of respect, not shame) is none other than Ernie Banks, Mr. Cub. He requests me by name as his server. He is a Cubs legend, but more importantly, he is a HOF BASEBALL legend. A man that played the game how it was supposed to be played.

That being said GO CARDS.

TL;DR Wikipedia
Wrigley Field: Historic Baseball venue where the Chicago Cubs play baseball until the Playoffs start.

HOLY CRAP, BATMAN!!!!!!!!

That was the most nerve wracking KC game ever. :shock:

Congrats, KC! Nice to see my former National Josh Willingham make a difference. We still love him in DC. Ps, my wife didn't recognize George Brett, kinda breaks my heart. There's some guys you gotta know if only by name. She didn't recognize that either.

A nice Giants win. Now, hopefully, they will drop the next three. Is that too much to ask?

It was a nice diversion after watching my boys appear lifeless in their loss. So sad.

All I know is God tiold me i wont die till the Indians win the series.I figure i will make it to at least 165! :lol!: