Monbla256!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: I spoke with Michael today and the old boy is still having a tough time. The doctors ran a scope down his throat and into his gut to cauterize some more blood vessels. When I talked with him he had just returned to his room complaining about his throat hurting. He still sounds weak but hopes to go home in a few days. He said he needs to get to the point where he can walk by himself before he's allowed to go home. Michael lives alone with his kitties and looks after his 93 year old mother that lives alone nextdoor to him. Hopefully he can find some agency to lend him a hand until he can get back on his feet. Your prayers are still needed and much appreciated. :)

AJ

AJ":i025f0cf said:
UPDATE: I spoke with Michael today and the old boy is still having a tough time. The doctors ran a scope down his throat and into his gut to cauterize some more blood vessels. When I talked with him he had just returned to his room complaining about his throat hurting. He still sounds weak but hopes to go home in a few days. He said he needs to get to the point where he can walk by himself before he's allowed to go home. Michael lives alone with his kitties and looks after his 93 year old mother that lives alone nextdoor to him. Hopefully he can find some agency to lend him a hand until he can get back on his feet. Your prayers are still needed and much appreciated. :)

AJ
Very much appreciate the update AJ. Difficult to hear Michael is still batteling this. But he's a fighter and he'll keep swinging until he gets to go home of his own accord. He's got spirit! ;)

Tell him to get the hell outta that horsepital, and back to caring for his kitties and his Mum. And get back on line here harassing us!

:bounce:

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for the update AJ. Sorry to hear what he's going through. The candle is still lit.

Dang! This is nasty. Gotta assume he’s in good hands and hope the Good Lord still needs him to be taking care of the old woman. Big points for him in my book for that. Amazing.

Hang in there Michael...we’re rooting for ya’.

Well that's not the news I was hoping to see here! Get better ya old coot we still need you around! Seriously though all the best in getting this behind you. You are sorely missed.

Jim

I'm just learning what happened to Mike. I sure hope he will be back home soon for a full recovery!

Thanks for the update AJ. Not the news one wants to hear but at least he's in good safe hands.

More warm trans Atlantic thoughts...

I'm home finally !! I just got home and checked on my mother . Still feeling weak but am going to take it slow. I had a blood count of 4 internally when i got to the emergency room and a person normally should be between 10-12 so i was pretty sick ! It was un my lower intestine that was where the bleeding was coming from and they now have it stopped and my blood count is now a consistant 9.9 ! My kitteh has been talking to me non stop since I came home and we are going to go take a nap.
I want to thank ALL of you for your thoughts and prayers, they mean a lot to me. You are truly BROTHERS. :lol:

Monbla - you ole son of a gun! Glad you're home and on the road to recovery.

When you're feeling up to it, let me know - i'll give you a call. I haven't talked to you in a very long time, my friend!

Good for you Michael!

It's so good to learn you're home. You had us all worried there, my old fruit. Now, get some rest with your moggie...you need to get your strength back to return to full curmudgeonly capability. :twisted:

;)

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Monbla! I hope you have a fast recovery

Michael, I am very relieved that you are home once again and your condition has stabilised. And it must have taken a great effort on your part to share this with all of us. After all, BoB is second to your health and your caregiving of your elderly Mom.

I'm sure we all wish you the best in your recovery from this setback.

Cheers,

RR

So glad to hear you're doing better. In your honor I'll open and smoke a tin of Royal Yacht.

Best wishes to you and yours
Jim